Chapter 9

(JJs point of view)

I look behind me and see fire. To my left and right I see debris falling. Smoke fills the atmosphere. I can't hear anything. I fall to my knees, and then to my stomach. I pull myself back to my knees and look around again. I can't see anything else because of the thick smoke.
Suddenly I remember that I was the one farthest from the house at the time of the explosion. Spence. Where is Spence? I try and yell out but I can't tell if anything comes out.
Then I hear something, sirens. They get louder, and louder until I hear something else..yelling. Lots of yelling. I look to my left and see the original group of observers were each with a different person. One person was with Peter, another with Kay, and one more with Mary. The rest were just yelling and In shock. I don't see any of the team, which is alarming.
Then, I feel someone tugging on my arm.
"JJ, come on!" A voice yells. I do my best to make out the face, and come to the conclusion that it's Derek.
"D-Derek, where's S-Spencer?" I manage to ask. He doesn't say anything. "Morgan" I whisper, trying to loud.
     "JJ we gotta get you outta here" he finally says. He helps me up and let's me lean on him while I walk to the fence.
    "I told you" Peter says, laughing. I don't know what I look like, but I know I don't look like I want to joke. I feel horrible. My body aches, and I can barely breathe.
    "You" I say in a low tone of voice.
   "You are coming with me" Rossi says as he uncuffs Peter from the fence and shoves him into a vehicle, that quickly drives away.
      "Where is Spence?" I ask again, now being able to speak more clear.
    "You should get checked out" Rossi quickly adds as he directs me to an ambulance.
    "Emily, where's Emily?" I ask, realizing I can't see her.
     "JJ calm down" Rossi tells me.
    "Where are they, and Hotch. Where's Hotch?" I remember he was with Derek, and Rossi was with us. If Rossi is okay, Hotch should be too?  I don't know what to think.
     "Hotch went to the office with Peter" Morgan answers. "Garcia is on her way"
     "Where the hell are Emily and Spencer?" I ask again, almost yelling.
     "Ms. Jareau, I need you to calm down." The paramedic says.
    "Where are they Rossi?"
    "Mam, please take deep breaths" I do as I'm told so I can get cleared. "Okay, your lungs are clear, and you don't have any horrible burns, but I need you to make an appointment with your main doctor for a follow up"
     "Thanks" I say sarcastically. He walks away, and checks out one of the witnesses.  "Okay"
I say calmly. "Where are Reid and Prentiss?"
    Rossi looks back at Morgan, who is on the phone with Garcia who just landed.
    "We don't know" he lets out a sigh.
    "W-what?" I feel tears starting to form. "Where could they be?"
    "We can't look in the house, or anywhere near it until the fire depot clears it" he places a hand on my shoulder. My best friend, and the love of my life are missing.
     "Oh my oh my oh my JJ" I hear from a scared Garcia.
    "I'm fine" I say through tears.
   "You told her" she whispered to Rossi. "Well find them Jage"
     She sits next to me, and lets me cry into her shoulder.

< one hour later>

    "It's been an hour Hotch" i say as he pulls into the scene.
    "I know JJ, if it makes you feel better Peter and Mary are sentenced to life in prison and Kay is okay" he smiles, a rare occurrence.
     "Great" I say under my breath. 
    "JJ we'll find them, fire fighters are searching the area." He walks away and starts talking to local cops.
     I walk back to the Fence and sit down. I look out to the house, which is still on fire. It looks more Smokey now though. I can vaguely see the houses outline, which brings tears to my eyes.
    "JJ" I hear. I can't identify the voice.
    "Hey Jage did you hear that?" Garcia yells as she runs over to me. "Hotch, Morgan, Rossi" she continues yelling.
    "What?" Hotch asks.
    "Someone just yelled my name from over there" I point to the house.
     "JJ" The voice yells again, this time more loud and clear.
     "It sounds like Reid" Morgan says.
    "JJ" this time I know it's Reid. I can hear his high-pitched tone.
    "Spence" I yell at the top of my lungs.
    "JJ" he yells again. Suddenly, his figure appears. He's walking, with a slight limp, but he's walking. He's okay. 
     "Spence" I yell as I run to him. I run faster than I have ever run. As I approach him, I don't slow down. I run into his arms. He wraps his arms around me and I do the same. I don't have any plans on letting go. "I thought I lost you" I finally say, crying.
    "Shh" he whispers, squeezing me tighter. "Don't cry, I'm here" i can see Prentiss coming out of the smoke. Hotch meets her, and they hug, but nothing like this one. "I love you"
     "I love you more"

Follow me on ig- @paging_.dr.reid