Chapter 16 : the day before

I promise this story is getting less cringe each chapter. I'm actually proud of the last few!!

   —- in Chicago, location: field office—

   "You must be the BAU, I'm detective Johnson." A tall man greeted the team as they walked in.
    "Yes , I'm SSA Hotchner , this is ssa Rossi , Jareau , Morgan , Prentiss , Reid,  and our technical analysts Penelope Garcia." He introduced the team, and they all shook hands.
   The detective looked JJ up and down, "you do know why you're here right?"
  "Yes sir , we do, and we have a plan to catch him that keeps everyone safe" Prentiss interjected. The detective simply nodded and walked back into his office.
  The team entered a conference room that was very similar in size to their own. "Okay , we start tomorrow. Any final questions about the case?" Rossi asked, as he helped Garcia hook her computers up.
    "Can we just" Emily cleared her throat, "go over the plan one more time?"
  Hotch looked at her sympathetically and nodded. "Reid?"
   Reid did as he was asked, he explained it all for Emily , despite his lack of knowledge regarding her pregnancy.
    "I'm scared" JJ admitted once he was done. "This guy is obviously smart. He's killed twenty-five different officials . Police and FBI."
Reid grabbed her hand, "we aren't them" he assured her. "We have a plan" she nodded, and placed her head temporarily on his shoulder for comfort.
    "We meet back here at nine am to get everyone wired and into position" Hotch ordered. "Try to enjoy your evenings, we may not have free time for awhile."
    "Do you want to do dinner around seven?" JJ asked, looking at her watch. It was only around 4:30.
    "I'm gonna have to pass, but I'll see you all in the morning" Rossi replied, as he walked out of the room.
   "Oh not so fast!" Garcia shouted. "What are your plans?"
   "Yeah Dave" Hotch added, causing the team to laugh.
   "I may have a little" he paused to find the right word, "date". 
    "With who?" Garcia asked, not caring how nosey she sounded.
    "An old friend" he replied, and then he left.
The rest of the team agreed to go their separate ways as well for the night. They would be seeing a lot of eachother , and it would be strictly professional so they deserved a night with their significant others.
   "See you tomorrow" Emily said as her and Hotch exited the field office, Morgan and Garcia close behind.
    Reid and JJ were the last to leave, but instead of heading towards their designated car , they took a walk instead.
    "Ya know in a few months we'll be parents?" JJ asked. "Are you ready?"
   Reid looked at her, admiring her beauty, admiring how lucky he was to have his hand in hers. "I'm ready to do anything , as long as it's with you" he replied.
  JJ stopped. "You" she smiled. "You are amazing."
  They decided to walk around a small park not too far from the station. They had to be up early , and didn't want to stay out late. They walked and talked for hours.
   "I think I like the name Taylor" JJ said, once they got back to the car around nine.
   "For a boy or girl?" Reid asked, as he climbed into the drivers seat.
    "Both" she shrugged.
    "Did we just name our baby?" He smiled, placing his hand onto her stomach.
    "I love you so much" she replied, a single tear falling down her cheek.
  ————-
   "If you feel pain, you'll tell me right?" Hotch asked, concerned for his wife.
   "Yes, I promise" Emily answered, throwing her arms around his neck. "I love you" she said as she kissed him.
   "I love you too" he replied, as he kissed her again.
They spent the night celebrating the news of a little baby Hotchner.
—————- 
"You stay safe Derek Morgan" His mom warned. "I already have to live with missing your father everyday, you don't do that Penelope or me"
    "Yes mama" he replied, a tear streaming down his face. "I love you"
    "I love you too baby" his mom replied.
Garcia and Morgan spent their night visiting his family , knowing it may be the last.
——————
"I think you need to tell them" Emily said as her and Hotch lay in the bed.
    "About the baby?" He asked.
  "No" she corrected. "About how you feel. How you see the team."
    "You mean , like a speech?" His curiosity was growing.
   "Yes. A damn good one at that"
"Okay" he replied, pulling her close as they fell into a peaceful sleep.

Follow me on ig @paging_.dr.reid