Chapter 7

( Emily's point of view)

     "SSA Emily Prentiss and SSA David Rossi, we need all the information you have on Peter Smith" I tell the teller.
     "My name is April, I'm sorry it's my first day" the woman answers.
     "I'm sorry, I didn't realize they let first days manage a whole counter alone, especially if they don't know how to access employee records" i say to her.
   "One moment" she puts her head down and walks into the back.
    "Thank you April" Rossi yells after her. We both have a laugh at that.
    "Peter Smith, he quit about six months ago." She hands me a file. "I wasn't working that day but Stacey was, she's at desk four over there"
    "Thank you" we walk to the waiting area and examine the file.
    "He was a star employee, no complaints,  almost never late" Rossi says. "He has great pay, never treated badly by coworkers or customers"
    "I know, he clearly loved his job here. I'm going to call JJ and tell them to check out the new job" I pick up my phone and call.
   "Yeah we are only a few minutes away" she says before hanging up.
   "Okay so we have a happy guy who has to move 30 miles away because of his daughter. Why does he quit the dream job?" I contemplate that question for awhile, and nothing happens.  Rossi and I sit in silence for a few minutes, until his phone rings.
    "Hey Reid, let me put you on speaker"
   "Hey guys so Morgan and I are at Mary's old job and according to the principal she was very well liked. All the students loved her, and she was in the lead for teacher of the year" Reid said. "Until one day she just quit, no one knows why"
    "What day did she quit?" I ask. "Peter quit on October 11"
    "Says here she quit on November 13" Morgan said. "Why would their be such a big gap?"
    "This just keeps getting weirder and weirder" Rossi groans. "Hotch went to the new work place of Mr. Smith, I'll add him to this call"
     "Hotchner"
    "Hey Hotch It's Dave, Em, Reid, and Morgan. What have you got?"
     "Okay so Peters boss says that he works nights and weekends. Meaning, he isn't here right now" Hotch says. "Apparently He is never happy and chooses fights will all customers."
     "He didn't do that at the bank" I add. "Let's add Garcia in and see if she found anything"
    "Hola Famila" Garcia says excitedly.
    "Hey PG" I say. "Anything?"
    "Nope. And nothing has happened on the video. Kay has been alone since last night"
    "Okay check and see what time our male unsub slapped her" JJ says, causing Reid to let out a sigh of joy.
    "He hit her at about five AM" Garcia answered. " and she was fed by our lady meanie at about three am"
     "Okay so Peters schedule at the store is eight PM to four AM, meaning it all fits." Hotch adds.
     "So you think the parents quit their jobs to make torturing their daughter more convenient?" Morgan asks. "Why couldn't they just do it in the middle of the day?"
    "Maybe they have a life, I don't know " I add.
      "Wait a second" Reid stops us. "Who reported her missing?"
     "Ummm checking, checking" Garcia continues. " Lily Burns, fifteen attends Kay's new school and is her bus mate"
    "Okay Hotch and I will talk to Lily" JJ says.
    "While we are gone I want all of you to find anyone else who could know anything about this move, also find out any properties the Smith family has access to, I think we know who our unsubs are"