Chapter 10

*one month later*
*Emily point of view*

       "Today is the day" I groan as I roll out of bed. Unfortunately, I'm not used to doing that anymore so I casually fall to the floor.
    "You okay?" Aaron asks, as he stumbles to my side.
     "Yeah, just tired" I pull myself up, and head into the shower.
    Once I'm out, I get dressed in the most formal clothes I've worn for months.  "These button downs are really hot" I say as I feel my body temperature rise.
     "So are suits." Hotch laughs as we head out the door. The reason I'm not ecstatic for our return is because we have spent almost every weekend with the team, meaning today just meant work. It meant catching up on all of the lovely cases we've missed.
    "Do we have to?" I whine as I see the welcoming doors of the BAU approach.
    "Come on! It'll be fun"
    "Yeah" I grunt. We walk in and notice that we have arrived early, five minutes early. "They're late" I complain. I could've stayed on the floor for five extra minutes.
    "They're not early" he corrects before heading into his office. We exchange smiles before I sit at my desk and decide to get a head start. I look around and notice that their are no files, and no other form of paper work in sight.
    "Hey Hotch" I call out.
    "Yeah?"
    "Where's the work?" I laugh. I don't get a response so I let out a loud, "hello?"
    "Yeah, it's coming" he says. I don't understand. That's not how things work around here.
    My train of thought is interrupted when I'm greeted by my friends.
   "Hey Em" JJ says before hugging me.
    "Hey Prentiss" Reid greets.
    "Hey guys, do you know when the work is 'arriving'?" The two exchange a look before Reid heads into Hotchs office and slams the door.
    "So, hows things?" JJ asks, quickly changing the subject.
    "Oh great, other than the fact that I'm not sleeping." I snap back, annoyed about the no work detail.
    JJ chuckles before glancing back at the office. The two men are standing, and appear to be having a heated conversation.
   "Wait, wheres Garcia, Morgan, and Rossi?" I ask, realizing they're gone.
    "Oh um" JJ pauses. "Late?" She makes up. I can tell because her eyes went from me to Reid, she always looks at Reid when she's scared, and she's scared of lying to me. Something is clearly going on. I decide to let JJ off with the lie, just to make things more interesting when I find out what's going down.
   "Must be" I answer casually.
    "Mhm" she quickly replies.
   "So what do you think they're discussing?" I ask, excited for her response. She clearly knew. She kept her left hand on top of her knee, the only part of her Reid could see, and she kept moving her fingers as if she was counting to five. She also kept her eyes moving from me to the office, like she was waiting for a signal.
    "Probably missing cases" she sounds so rehearsed. I decide to join her in looking at the guys. To me, it looks like a generic conversation. Reid is talking fast, Hotch is talking at a slower pace. Until it happens. Reids right arm swings over his back and 'scratches' it. To anyone else it would appear normal, but to me it didn't.
    As if it were right on  cue, JJ speaks up. "So do you want to get some coffee?" She then proceeds to wink at Reid.
     "Oh yeah sure" I acted surprised at the offer. Something was going on, and I wanted to find out. I follow JJ into the break room where she closes the door. "I thought you wanted coffee"
     "Sit, we need to talk" she warns, before taking a seat herself.
     "Yeah?"
    "Okay so Morgan, Rossi, and Garcia aren't late. They're here" she bites her lip as if she just told me the biggest secret ever.
    "You're telling me" I decide to throw in a dramatic pause. "That Penelope, Dave, and Derek are at their jobs" I finish sarcastically, which annoys JJ.
    "Ya know what, I'm not gonna tell you the rest" she gets up and walks out of the door.
    Curiosity is killing me at this point. The rest of the team is here, but not in their designated locations. Hotch and Reid have been talking for like half an hour, and JJ is going crazy keeping this secret. I finish preparing my drink and head back to my desk, and find JJ sitting at hers biting her pen.
    "What the hell Jage?" I finally ask. This was getting ridiculous.
    "I can't" she says, biting harder. It's getting hard to watch, but luckily it stops when Aaron opens the door.
    "Finally" I say, jumping up. He shoots me a glance and then his eyes go straight to Jen.
   "JJ" he orders. She gets up and goes into the office. Leaving me, to wonder what the hell is happening behind that door.
I can see through the window them talking. JJ us laughing and smiling, as if she was completely fine. Maybe she was acting? I don't even know at this point.
    They all walk out at the same time. Hotch and JJ walk straight down the hall way with Reid trailing behind.
"You coming?" He laughs, as if I was supposed to naturally follow.
    I get up and travel behind him until we hit the elevator. Were we leaving the FBI?
    "Okay Reid, where are we going?"
    He hits the button to the right elevator, as JJ and Hotch boarded the left. "Shh" he whispers as the doors open. We step in and he hit the "R" button.
     "What are we going to do on the roof?"
    He stays silent yet again. After a long five floors the door open. What I see next, well what I see next is beyond words. I step out of the elevator and walk towards the lights. The lights that have been strung and taped to the signs that specifically say 'no personal events'. 
I continue walking and then I come to a stop. I come to a stop when I see them. I see JJ, Garcia, Morgan, and Rossi standing in a line in nice clothes. JJ changes fast, but that's not the point. Reid is still behind me. Meaning, where's Aaron? I feel the need to ask, but I know he's here somewhere. I continue walking for a few feet when he appears. He appears, and he's wearing a tuxedo with a red tie. He is smiling ear to ear holding something big. I get a little closer and see what it is.
   Through tears, I read that sign that says: 
   'Will you marry me?'