one

°°°

°°°

"Why is he so cute!" your friend Sheryl squeals, smacking your leg in the process. "If he keeps up this behaviour I will cry."

"You're already crying." you scoff.

She touches her tear-streaked face and laughs.

"By the way, their hair for their comeback is a mystery," you say, starting to get even more hyped up. "Can you imagine Tae with grey hair?" Sheryl wasn't listening because she was scrolling furiously through Twitter, checking for any updates. 

You and Sheryl always had sleepovers, and even though the both you would plan something fun over messages, you'd end up watching 'BTS Try Not to Laugh Challenges', or some sort of Vine compilation on YouTube. You failed all the time, and always ended up rolling on the floor with tears spilling out of your eyes. (and Sheryl insisting that you both have abs from all the laughter)

You yawned, plopping your head onto a pillow, and throwing the blanket over your body. "G'night, Sheryl. Sleep soon."

"Are you sleeping already? It's only 1am!" she complains, sparing you a glance from her phone screen. 

"You can send me those," you replied. "Besides, I have work tomorrow. I have to cover someone's shift."

°°°

When you wake up, Sheryl is still sleeping, snoring loudly as always, her Hip Hop Monster clutched tightly in her arms. She's obsessed with Jimin.

You sigh, and head to the closet to get your uniform. Since the Gucci store you work at is located at a high-end mall with only branded stores, the dress code is a lot stricter - workers have to wear a white blouse and a black pencil skirt, with black heels, complete with a necktie, with two green stripes and one red stripe in the middle - Gucci's iconic pattern. Well, the plus-side is that you get to keep the Gucci necktie, and you secretly use it to accessorise your own outfits.

And now for makeup. You sigh again - early mornings were never a good time for you to enjoy putting on makeup.

You decided not to wake Sheryl up since she probably slept at some unearthly timing the night before. Quietly, you leave your apartment and lock the door behind you. 

°°°

"Good morning," you smile, bowing your head as the first customer of the day walks into the shop. A middle aged woman with a tartan blazer and a black knee-length skirt - Madam Yoo, who is a frequent customer.

"Ah, Y/N. Good morning," she smiles. Despite her intimidating exterior, she is actually kind and patient, always treating the staff with respect. Of course, not all your customers were like that -  there were many cases in which you had to deal with entitled customers who couldn't give a shit about your feelings, but there was always a nice customer every now and then. "I'm quite bored of my outfit already." Madam Yoo remarks, drawing your attention to her current outfit. That's your cue to show her the latest Gucci designs, which she always showed up in the next time she patronised the shop.

"Well, this is one of the latest designs," you tell her, pointing out a matching  2-piece on a mannequin nearby. She nods in interest, walking towards the mannequin. You watch as she inspects the outfit, running her hand on the smooth material. You see a satisfied smile on her face - a clear indication that she's going to buy it.

Just then, a customer walks in. Your supervisor Jiheon motions urgently at you, wanting you to to attend to the new customer, as she would settle Madam Yoo's purchase.

You hurry over to the new customer, giving him a quick once-over – a man with good taste in fashion. He is tall, with a nice build and tousled brown hair. You notice that he's clad nearly head-to-toe in Gucci merchandise. You couldn't see his face well, because he was wearing a face mask, which made him seem really mysterious. But he did seem vaguely familiar - you just didn't know where you'd seen him before. Well, the only other person whom you knew would wear such outfits - hah, he'd never just walk into the store like that. No way.

When he took his mask off, you sucked in a breath so quick that you choked on your saliva, causing you to bend over in fits of coughs - in front of Kim Taehyung.