twelve

"Let's go," Taehyung says, grabbing your hand and leading you away.

"Wait-" called Tanya, eyes wide and desperate. "Hear me out!"

But you and Taehyung were already at the counter, taking bags so you could takeaway your food. 

"Taehyung, wha-" you began, confused.

"Not now!" he snapped, snatching up the bag and walking off. 

You followed him, taking quick steps to keep up with his long strides. You looked back, your confused eyes meeting Tanya's hurt ones. You thought you saw a flash of anger in them - you recognised them from when she got angry in your high-school days. You look away and rush forward to close the growing distance between you and Taehyung.

When you and Taehyung finally get into a cab, the air is thick with tension - you didn't dare ask him where he was going, or how you were going to go home, or what was going on. You didn't dare to move. Taehyung was simple staring out of the window, his mask drawn up over his mouth and nose, with only his dark eyes on display. They were void of any cheerfulness or joy that they were shining with when the two of you were at home. Now they were just dark and scary. 

Finally, Taehyung breaks the silence - but not to talk to you.

"Hyung. I saw her. I say Tanya," his voice was dripping with fury and disgust, and it honestly scared you. A pause. "Sure. See you back at the dorm."

You turn your head to look out of the window when Taehyung ends the call - just in time to see your apartment complex whiz past your taxi. You missed your stop.

"Um, Taehyung?" you said, nervously. "I have to go home?"

You gulp as he turns his attention to you. His gaze softens as he looks at you.

"Did you miss your stop? It's late - come with me to the dorm first. You'd better wear this," Taehyung says, his voice completely different from just now. 

The concern and care in his voice spreads a warm feeling in your heart, and you try to calm yourself as your heart beats loudly against your ribs. He hands you the cap and another face mask he pulls out from his bag. 

"Tuck your hair into the cap and wear the mask. I don't want any rumours spreading, or any trouble with the media," he says. His eyes run over your attire. 

"Take this," he hands you his jacket. "Wear it."

---

You're only immersed in his smell from the jacket as he leads you into the dormitory building. You forget that you're about to meet BTS, because your senses are drowning in Taehyung's scent, and how your hands fit together like matching puzzle pieces.

You both get into the lift - you remove the cap and the jacket once the door closes. Taehyung was still quiet - unlike his usual self. 

As you walk towards Taehyung's dorm, you hear a bunch of familiar voices you only heard in videos, but never in real life. 

"Why would that woman be here?" said a loud voice.

"How would I know?" another faint voice said.

"How annoying of her," you heard.

"Maybe she isn't here for them." a calm voice announced. 

Taehyung swings open the room door, and four pairs of eyes swing towards you. You stiffen up, not moving an inch. 

Hoseok.

Yoongi.

Jin.

Namjoon.

The hyung line is sitting in front of you, puzzlement etched on all their faces.

"Who is she?" Hoseok asks softly.

"Y/N!" Yoongi smiles, getting up from Namjoon's bed. "What a surprise."

Taehyung's face darkens again.

"You know each other?" Jin asks Yoongi. "Isn't she Taehyung's girlfriend? The one I heard Jungkook-" Namjoon clasps his hand over Jin's mouth before he finishes. Taehyung's eyes narrow, and I mentally tell Jungkook to run. Hopefully we have some telepathic connection - it's the only way Jungkook can save himself. You don't say anything - you can't. BTS' hyung line is literally in front of you - how do you react?

"No, she isn't my girlfriend," Taehyung sighs. Yet, his brain tells him. No, wait, what the heck? What was that and why did I ever think that? Taehyung takes your arm and sits you on the armchair beside his bed. 

"You're sure you saw her?" Namjoon asks Taehyung again. "I mean, we did tell her to stay away, and stuff. She's going to affect Jimin a lot, seeing how she's already taken a toll on Taehyung." You notice Taehyung's clenched fists. His hands are curled so tightly that his knuckles are white. Without thinking, you reach over and rub small circles into his back to comfort him. You smile as you feel him relax.

Secretly watching from his peripheral vision, Jin smirks. Not your girlfriend, huh, Tae? We'll see about that

"What did Tanya ever do to you?" you blurt out without even thinking. 

"Well," Yoongi said. "Let's just say she broke some hearts."

---

a/n

shorter chapter this time but tHe dRaMA iS beGinNinG tO unFOld !!!

hope you guys like this chapter. by the way, just asking, do you want a chapter just for Sheryl and Jungkook? I mean they haven't appeared in the last few chapters anyway.