sixteen

a/n

double update!!!

---

"Oh," you said, still surprised. 

"Did you miss me?" she grinned, nudging you with her hip. 

"Uh- Oh, yeah. We really needed to catch up!" you forced a tight-smile on your face. Despite knowing that you shouldn't take sides, and should listen to Tanya's explanation, the larger portion of your brain resonated with Sheryl's opinion. You liked being around Tanya less and less.

"So," Tanya says, putting some clothes back on the shelf. "You know Taehyung? Or BTS, for the matter?"

You laugh. "Of course I do, didn't we spend months fangirling over them together, at your place? With Sheryl?"

Tanya's expression soured at the mention of Sheryl. "Oh. Sheryl. I mean, yes, we did, but I meant, personally, like if you knew them in person?" A smile was plastered onto her face again, and it made you sick. You wondered if you should answer her - but the curiosity got the better of you - you figured that it'd be the way to get the ball rolling, and so Tanya may eventually open up about what happened. 

"Yeah. I mean, we're not exactly close, but I do know them."

"I see," Tanya says, pausing as she picked up a jacket from the rack. "You and Taehyung were alone together at the mall the other time - are you sure you aren't exactly close?"

You frowned. "Not that I know of."

"Alright," Tanya said, holding her hands up in a surrender position. "Don't need to be so sensitive."

What the frickity frack? Now you know why Sheryl hates her. 

"Do you know them? Taehyung seemed to know you very well," you replied, tucking a sleeve neatly behind a shirt you were folding. 

"W-well, yes," Tanya said. "But long ago." Realising what she just said, she clamped a hand over her mouth. You decided to play along with her. 

"Long ago?" you scoffed. "Was it when we were in high school? That was long ago."

"Y-yeah, but-"

"Yes? And you didn't tell me, or Sheryl?"

"I had my reasons!" she snapped, hastily shoving a blazer onto the rack, then scurried off to tidy up another shelf.

"Well, what were they?" you said to yourself, adjusting the haphazardly placed blazer. 

---

Your shift ended before Tanya's, so of course she saw Taehyung come and pick you up for lunch. His warm gaze grew cold and angry when he saw her. 

"Let's go," Taehyung said, dragging you after him. "I've made reservations and I don't want to be late."

"W-wait, pleas-" came Tanya's pathetically plaintive voice.

But you both had already left the shop in a hurry. 

Taehyung was walking very quickly - with you in tow. You caught your breath when you finally reached his car.

"What was Tanya doing there?" Taehyung demanded, turning to face you.

"S-she works there now," you squeaked. 

Softening when he notices how scared you are, he says, "I'm sorry. I really hate her - she's caused so much problems for us, I can't help but feel this way when I see her."

"That's fine. I'm also quite done with her, to be honest. All she asked me was if I knew you guys personally."

Taehyung nodded, calming down.

"Please, please, please hear me out!" called out a voice. 

You and Taehyung's heads whipped around, only to see Tanya running over to you in her ridiculous shoes. 

"Wait! I took time off my shift just to do this! Wait!"

"Get in, get in!" Taehyung whisper-shouted from the corner of his mouth. 

You snatched open the car door and clambered in, and Taehyung likewise. Starting the engine, you held back a laugh as Taehyung started the engine and drove away, past a tearful Tanya.

---

"That was so mean!" you laughed, smacking Taehyung's thigh.

"Hey! You laughed too!" he retorted. "I already told you, I hate her. Do you think I'd want to listen to her crappy explanation?"

"What did she even do? Please fill me in, the last time someone tried to explain this, we were cut off by Jimin and Jungkook."

"Well, we'll tell you over lunch," Taehyung said.

"Wait, what do you mean, we?"

"You, me, the rest of BTS, and Sheryl."

---

a/n

yo i hope you liked the chapter!!

have a great day :)))