twenty seven

What was Tanya doing here? You watched them closely, but from where you were seated. Luckily, you were seated somewhere that Taehyung or Tanya could not spot you easily. 

Taehyung wasn't smiling or anything. Tanya was doing most of the talking. You couldn't hear them over the music that was currently playing from the speakers, so you relied on their body language. Taehyung looked tense and uncomfortable, and not at all willing to be with Tanya. 

Tanya, however, was sitting cross-legged on the chair, and leaning forward. You frowned as she placed a hand on Taehyung's, but smiled to yourself when he pulled his hand away quickly. 

"Y/N," said Jimin, sitting down. "What are you looking at?" Jimin hasn't spotted them yet, then.

"Oh, nothing."

"Ah, here come the cakes!" Jimin's face lights up as the waiter brings over your cake and drinks. 

"This looks delicious," you sigh, picking up your fork. Maybe food will distract you from Taehyung. 

"Smile," Jimin says, extending his arm out to take a selca with you. 

You smile for the camera, and tell Jimin to send it to you later. 

"I don't have your number," Jimin says. He hands his phone to you.

You key in your number, saving your contact name as just, 'Y/N'. 

"I'll text you later," Jimin keeps his phone and digs into the cake.

You eat the fresh cream strawberry shortcake first - the cream is light and fluffy, and very fresh. Just like the kiss with Taehyung. You shake your head. Why are you thinking about that now? Just eat, don't think. Then you cut a piece of the chocolate ganache cake. You savour the way the chocolate melts in your mouth, and the sponge cake, which is rich and airy. 

You peer at Taehyung from the corner of your eye. Taehyung looked irritated, and ready to leave, which made you feel glad, just a little. 

You stopped yourself, reflecting back on your own thoughts.

You were jealous

"Y/N," called Jimin. "You there? You seem to be spacing out a lot. Everything okay?"

No, the guy I like is literally sitting in a fancy restaurant, eating cake with a girl I hate. Everything's perfectly fine

Of course you didn't say that to Jimin, but you were too distracted to talk to Jimin properly. You felt bad for being like that. You finished up your slice and waited for Jimin to finish his, while drinking your frappucino. 

"Y/N, do you think this is like, like a date?" Jimin asked softly.

"Well, to be honest I'm just thinking of it as two friends hanging out. I've never actually been on a proper date before." Jimin nodded, and just ate his cake in silence. 

The only thing you didn't know is that someone else was listening to your conversation. A certain someone, who spotted the both of you when he was going to the washroom. 

Once Jimin finished the cake, the both of you left the cafe.

"I'll hail a cab again," said Jimin. 

"No, don't worry, I live a short walk from here. I'll walk back," you smiled at Jimin's offer. 

"Alright, then. I'll see you soon!"

The both of you parted ways.

---

You stopped by a cosmetics store to get more mask packs on your way home, because you were running low on your mask supply. You also decided to pick out a new lip colour, you were getting bored of your old one. 

You were looking at the variety of colours, running a finger down the rows on columns of lip colour tubes that were arranged neatly on the shelf. 

"I think this one will look good on you," said a voice in your ear. You turned around - Taehyung was beside you, staring at the lip colours. He took the aforesaid lip colour tube in his slender fingers and held it up to your face. You watched as his eyes darted back and forth between your lips and the lip colour. 

"Yep, take this one. You'll look good."

"Alright, stylist Tae. I'll take your word for it," you grinned, and went to the cashier to pay for the masks and lip colour.

"How come you're not at work today?" Taehyung asked. "I was planning to go visit you."

"The store is closed today, so it's my day off. Besides, you should just admit that you were stalking me anyway, you didn't need to talk about going to my workplace just to visit me."

"No, I didn't stalk you. I'm not that free," Taehyung protested.

"Yeah, whatever floats your boat," you patted his head and walked out of the store.

"Right, listen, Y/N. I want to ask you one thing."

"Shoot."

"Do you want to go on a date?" he asked.

You paused, trying to absorb whatever he just said.

A date? With who?

"With who?" you asked. 

Taehyung sighed in exasperation. "With me, stupid!"

"I just ate."

"Well so did I - I'll pick you up at five. Wear something nice!" with that, Taehyung turned around and walked in the opposite direction that you were going. 

"Huh?" you said, watching his retreating figure.

You couldn't process what just happened. 

---

a/n

yES okay they're going on a date

also im rlly sorry for this boring chapter, it's a filler.

btw has anyone watch 'while you were sleeping'? BC ITS SUPER GOOD YALL SHOULD WATCH IT ITS A K-DRAMA