thirty two

a/n

continuation of the drama from chapter thirty one

---

"Who were you talking to?" Taehyung asked Jungkook, who had just hung up his phone. 

"Sheryl."

"Oh."

"She told me that Y/N's really upset. She's crying her eyes out, and doesn't know what to do or how to explain anything to you, because you wouldn't listen to her."

Taehyung stiffens.  He can't help but feel bad. Y/N... cried? 

"Is she okay now?"

"What do you think, hyung? That's the most stupid question I've heard in my life," Jungkook rolled his eyes. Jungkook was trying to help rekindle Y/N and Taehyung's relationship, because it wasn't worth throwing everything away over a misunderstanding. To be honest, Jungkook was a little disappointed in Taehyung, who hadn't bothered to even hear Y/N out. All his hyungs, except Jimin and Taehyung, had discussed what happened, and decided that Y/N would not do that to Taehyung, because they saw the way she looked at him. She was smitten. 

---

Jimin was lying down on his bed, staring at the ceiling. He felt so horrible for the problem he had caused. But on the other hand, he also felt glad, because he had sorted his feelings out. He knew now that he didn't like like Y/N. He was just infatuated. 

He needed to help Y/N and Taehyung get back together - he was going to tell Taehyung what happened. 

He knocked on Taehyung's door. "Come in."

Taehyung looked up at the person who entered the room, and his expression turned cold immediately. 

"Get out, Jimin."

"No. I will not leave here without explaining everything to you."

Taehyung ignored him, returning to browsing through the photos he had taken on his camera. 

"Y/N doesn't like me - she likes you. And I'll admit - I did like her for a little while. I thought I really liked her, but after the kiss... I realised it was just an infatuation. Don't blame Y/N, please. I'm really sorry for causing this mess. And I was the one who made the move on Y/N. The reason why we were at the diner in the first place was because she felt bad for being so distracted when we went to eat cake together."

Taehyung's finger hovered over the 'next' button on his camera, staring at the photo on the screen and absorbing whatever Jimin had just said. Your photo was on the screen - a beautiful, candid photo Taehyung took when the whole group went to the carnival together awhile back. 

"You went to eat cake together?" Taehyung asked, raising a brow.

"Yeah, as friends," Jimin snapped. "I doubt she ever felt the same about me. Did you even see the way she looked at you?"

Taehyung felt bad now. But he wanted to hear everything from you. 

"Okay," Taehyung said, nodding. "I'll think about it."

With a small sigh, Jimin got up and left the room, leaving Taehyung to stare at the photo a little while more. 

---

Tanya was pleased. She had successfully gotten you away from Taehyung - now she could have him. It would take time, of course, for him to trust her again. But now that you were gone from the picture, she had all the time she needed. Or so she thought.

She called Taehyung, using her house phone. After several rings, he picked up.

"Who is this?"

"It's Tanya. Do you want to go for lunch?"

"No, I'm fine."

"Please? You could use someone to talk to right now." 

And it was the truth. Taehyung needed someone to rant to - his hyungs weren't a good option, because they were all pretty disappointed, and he didn't need to be chided at this point. 

"Fine."

"Cool. I'll meet you at your dorm in half an hour."

Taehyung hung up. He was mad at himself for resorting to this - but his feelings were a mess, he needed to clear his head, and he needed someone to talk to. 

Tanya was already waiting outside the building. She was wearing a lot of makeup, which Taehyung thought was very extra. She dressed as if she were on a date, and Taehyung found this very uncomfortable. His face, as usual, was hidden behind a mask, and a black bucket hat. It was cold today, so he wore a shirt under a flannel, and another bomber jacket over that. He didn't care to dress up, so he wore joggers, and his socks together with his Gucci slip-ons. 

"Hey!" chirped Tanya.

"Hi," he replied, walking off without waiting for her. He heard her heels clicking as she scurried after him. 

He walked to the mall, and headed straight for the fried chicken shop. Seeing the familiar place, he smiled. It reminded him of Y/N. 

"Wait up, oppa!" Tanya huffed, finding difficulty to walk in her stupid shoes. 

"Don't call me that," Taehyung said, heading to the counter to order his food.

"But you're a year older than me?"

"Whatever."

He and Tanya sat down to eat, once their food was collected. 

"Look - I'm not here as a part of some sort of date, or anything. I just need someone to talk to. And currently, my options are limited, because everyone's kind of pissed at me," Taehyung told Tanya, in case she tried anything funny. 

"That's what you say," she smirked. Reaching over, she pulled his face mask off. "You can't eat with the mask on."

Tanya smirked. Her plan was going to work soon. Just watch, Y/N. You're not going to get him back.

---

a/n

tbh i just went with the flow for all these drama but now that there's kind of a plot, im liking it a little