eight

a/n

I'm back although i shouldn't be

what are priorities

---

You were planning what to do with the three wishes from Taehyung, when you felt a warm hand touch your shoulder. Looking up, you smiled when you saw your parents. 

"We're going off now, we thought we'd say goodbye," said your dad, smiling at you. Your mom was looking for something in her bag.

"Here, we thought we'd give you this - in time for your birthday-" Your birthday! You forgot that your birthday was in two days. "And since you've been living independently for the last three years, we thought that we'd reward you." Your mom hands you a glossy credit card. 

BTS MERCH, HERE I COME-

Your thoughts were interrupted by your mom. "I know what you're thinking, Y/N," she says sternly. "Go easy on the BTS stuff and your clothes. Or you can always ask Taehyung or Jungkook for a discount, right?" She laughs, patting Taehyung's arm warmly. Taehyung's face lights up immediately, replying, "Yes, of course!"

"Make sure of that, Kim Taehyung," you mutter under your breath.

"Your dad and I also want to invite you guys to our fashion show this Friday," your mom says. Here are the passes. She takes out two lanyards from her bag and drops them in your hand. "I'm really sorry, Sheryl, we only have two extra passes. But if Y/N gets lazy, you can always go in her place!" Your mom smiled at Sheryl, whom she treated like her own daughter. You and Sheryl had been friends for over 10 years, after all. 

---

"Please give me one pass," Taehyung begs, grabbing your arm and pouting his soft lips. You try not to stare. 

"No, one of it is for Sheryl," you insist. Sheryl laughs.

"Taehyung can have the pass. Jungkook and I already made plans for Friday," Sheryl said, causing you to nearly choke on your dessert. What should their ship name be? Jungyl? Juryl? Sherkook? You almost laughed out loud. 

"See? Sheryl is nice, unlike you!" Taehyung huffed, still doing aegyo. Your heart was melting like a marshmallow in a toaster, so you gave in. 

"Fine! Take it. Make sure you don't lose it, or you won't be able to go in," you warn. "I won't help you there."

---

It's Friday - you don't know what time the Fashion Show starts, because your mom casually left that little detail out. You also didn't know the exact location of the show. Because of that, you called Jiheon so that you could be excused from work that day. 

Just then, you heard your phone beep. You hoped it was your mother.

Mom💕💓: I'm sorry for not telling you this earlier! The show starts at 5.00pm at Point Hotel beside the mall. I'm getting dad to pass you an outfit, wear it later. Also, remind Taehyung to bring his pass. 

Your doorbell rang. Looking through the peephole, you saw your dad, with several bags in his hands, all of them from your parents' clothing brand.

"Hi dad, that was quick," you opened the door and took the bags from his hands. 

"Mom sent that at 7am, it's 1pm now. Did you just wake up?" he chuckles, looking at your dishevelled hair. 

"It's what time? And yes, I just woke up. Want to come in?"

"No, it's okay, piggy. I've got to go and prepare for the show. Hope you like the dress, your mom and I designed it together for your birthday," your dad smiles and ruffles your hair.

"Thanks, dad. See you later then."

You wave him goodbye and shut the door. Setting the bags down on your unmade bed, you pulled out the contents of the bag one by one. 

The first bag contained a shoe box, which contained a pair of simple black, scrappy, suede heels with a chunky heel. You smiled - mom remembered how you couldn't walk in stilettos. 

The second bag contained several boxes of jewellery - minimalistic, rose gold earrings that dangled a little when you shook them, and a matching necklace with a cute little spaceship pendant.

The last bag must contain the dress, then. Mom always made you wear dresses to her fashion shows, that was, if you went. You gasped at the beautiful material. Hands caressing the soft, silky fabric, you lifted the dress out of the bag, and held it up in the light so you could examine it. 

It was an off-shoulder dress, neckline just below your collarbone, so it was still modest. The skirt had a gradient effect - majority of the dress was just a silky black fabric, but as it reached the floor, the colour changed into a sky-blue shade - your favourite colour. You hugged the dress to your chest, eyes pricking with tears. Your parents were so good to you.

In the meantime, you logged onto Pinterest to find makeup and hairstyle ideas for later.

---

taetae💗: picking you up in two hours. your mom texted me your address. 

---

You showered, got dressed, put on some makeup and styled your hair. Then you grabbed a random purse of the shelf, stuffed your keys, phone, wallet, show pass and plasters into it.

You slipped on your shoes, which fit perfectly. Then, you locked up and went downstairs, where Taehyung was waiting by his sports car.

---

You looked especially pretty - Taehyung could not stop staring. He watched as your dress shifted around your ankles, light from his car bouncing of the shiny material with every step you took. You looked fresh, but at the same time, mysterious and classy.

"You look like a million dollars," Taehyung breathed, causing you to blush.

---

a/n 

i hope you guys enjoyed this! i've already planned out the next part, i wonder what's going to happen? 😉

side note, thank you crapmonhasjams for the ship name!