thirty eight

a/n

if you ship sherkook you'll probably like this chapter

---

As usual, Taehyung made himself comfortable on the couch, after hanging his coat on the hooks behind your door, and taking off his shoes. He sighed, taking off his mask, sunglasses and hat. He checked his phone for things that Tanya might have done to it. 

"Yah, Y/N! I can show you the pictures now!"

You walked out from the kitchen with two cans of beer. It's been awhile since you had one - now was a good time, with all this problems happening. You left the second can unopened, because you were unsure if Taehyung wanted to drink that. 

You sat down on the floor, beside him on the couch and stretched your neck to peek at his phone screen. His face fell - the photos were gone. 

"Damn it, that stupid woman must have deleted them!" Taehyung ran a hand through his hair in frustration. "I'll have to download it from my camera again. I'll print it out for you, don't worry."

"Don't stress yourself too much," you said, taking a sip of your drink. "Do you want this?" You held up the unopened can. 

"Yes, please," he said, reaching over the take the can from you. 

You rested your head on the couch seat, such that you could see Taehyung drinking the beer. "I'll send out an order for some pizza, okay?"

You took out your phone so you could make a call to Domino's. 

"Do you have more?" Taehyung asked, crinkling the empty can in his large hands. "Yeah, I've a few more in the fridge. But you shouldn't drink so much. Don't you have a schedule to follow tomorrow?"

"No, we're on a break, still. The next appointment we have is in a week." He got up to grab another can from the kitchen. 

You had a short break too, since it was a Friday night. You had the whole weekend to relax.

---

The pizza came, and the both of you ate - but by then, Taehyung was showing some signs of being drunk. Well, first off, he looked a little drunk. 

You sighed, watching Taehyung sing nursery rhymes and other random songs. At least he didn't look so stressed out, now. 

"Taehyung, do you still want the pizza?" 

"Nah, I'm good." He flopped onto the couch, burying his face into your favourite cushion. "Mm, it smells like you."

You smiled, and finished up the rest of your pizza, and kept the remaining slices in the fridge. You could reheat it and eat it for breakfast tomorrow. You went back out and sat on the couch, picking up your phone so you could check for any messages you might have received. 

You had several messages from Sheryl. 

sheryl💖: yo im not coming over today

sheryl💖: some plans with my man :))

sheryl💖: btW wE'RE OFFICIAL HSGHDASH IM SO HAPPY

you: wINK wINK

you: wait w h a t 

you: oMG YAS

you: im so close to screaming but i don't want to freak tae out

you: the next time i see you I WANT DETAILS NDHAHSGD

sheryl💖: wait is he at your place

sheryl💖: keep everything pg13 pls

you: wtF no honey NO

sheryl💖: ew you nasty you sound like tanya

you: that's honestly the worst thing you've compared me to

you: also ofc i have values unlike u 

sheryl💖: okay bitch sorry gtg kookie's calling me

you: bye stay safe love you

sheryl💖: <3 (ps I HAVE VALUES TOO U LIL SHIT)

With a small chuckle, you put down your phone. You jumped a little when an arm snaked around your waist, and pulled you down to lie down on the couch. Taehyung nuzzled his face into your neck, causing your breath to hitch in your throat. 

"You smell so nice," you heard him mumble. Your cheeks started to heat up, and you momentarily forgot how to breathe. This was different from the kisses. His hand was around your waist, on your bare skin, because your blouse had hiked up a little. Carefully, you removed his arm from your waist and tugged your shirt down, tucking it into your pants for good measure. Taehyung's arm went back around your waist. 

"Don't move," he mumbled. 

You rolled your eyes. Was he going to keep you trapped like this the whole night? Even though it ignited fireworks in your stomach, you weren't the least bit sleepy - so you struggled to reach your phone on the coffee table in front of the couch. Taehyung wasn't sleeping, like you thought he was. He was drunk, but not that drunk - but he liked to see your reaction, so he did a little bit of acting. 

"I'm tired," he yawned, fanning your neck with his hot breath. 

"Do you want to sleep on my bed? I'll take the couch." You got out of his grasp and set your phone back down on the table. He nodded, so you stood up and pulled him to his feet. 

"You're heavy," you teased, slinging his arm around your shoulder. 

"No, I'm not! It's 90 percent muscle okay," he pouted, rubbing his eyes with his other free hand. Laughing, you lead him to the room, where he sunk onto your bed as if it were his own. 

"You should change first." You flung one of your oversized hoodies and sweatpants at him, and left the room so he could change. 

"I'm done," he said, so you went back into your room to tuck him in. 

"Goodnight." You leaned over to pull the blanket over his legs and turned to leave, but he grabbed onto your wrist. 

"Stay?"

You sighed, and plopped yourself down onto the space next to him. "Goodnight, you big baby." You could see him pouting even though your back was facing him. 

You felt the mattress shake, as Taehyung wiggled closer to you. His arms circled your waist once again, his face tucked in the crook of your neck. Well, you could get used to this. 

"Y/N?" his voice was low and hoarse - he sounded sleepy.

"Hm?"

"Will you be my girlfriend?"

Your whole body tensed up, you didn't know how to respond, although you knew the answer was yes. 

"Y-you're drunk - if I answer you now, you'll forget in the morning."

"Then I'll ask you tomorrow, when I'm sober."

You chuckle. "Goodnight."

"I love you."

The butterflies are gone - it's a zoo in your stomach now. Your heart beat had accelerated, as if you were running.

"I love you too."

---

a/n

oMG this chapter