1. The Ark

I woke up from my bed. The sun is too bright today, I forgot to close the curtains last night. It was Yujin who usually reminds me to close them since she's my roommate. But ever since she underwent the surgery for her vocal nodules, she was advised to recover at home. So I was left alone every night.

It had been five days ever since the 'meeting' with the CEO. Everything that happened that night was still fresh in my mind. Especially the moment when I stepped inside our dorm. I will never forget that night.

Author's POV - Flashback

That night.

Halla came home soaking wet because of the rain. She opened the door and didn't expect the scenery that would welcome her.

Jane swung the frying pan almost hitting the girl if she hadn't dodged her attack. She was crying so hard, her eyes full of hatred. Hatred not to Halla, but to their CEO.

Yuna and Minju were there, also sobbing, they were begging for Jane to stop, throwing comforting words that hopefully would help Jane calm down.

Glasses were shattered on the around the kitchen floor, and the living room was a complete mess.

 Halla held Jane by her shoulders "Jane....pleas-"

"IT WASN'T OUR FAULT! WE DIDN'T CHOOSE TO END UP LIKE THIS" Jane shouted at them, letting go of Halla's touch, her eyes now swollen from the crying.

Jane has a point, though. All those years of training, and they end up getting thrown in the trash like a piece of candy wrapper. 

"Jane.... Please... we're begging you... let go of that frying pan and let's sit down and talk about this..." Yuna pleaded

Jane didn't answer but instead, she threw the pan and sat down at one of the chairs. She rested her hands against her forehead while doing so.

"we don't deserve this, unnie..." Jane whimpered.

All of them walked toward Jane and formed a group hug while crying.
_________________________________

"You know..." Yuna was the first one to speak after a long moment of crying and hugging. The ark members are now sitting on the sofa facing each other. And Halla now wore dry clothes.

"As much as I wanted to hate our CEO for doing this... I'm still thankful to him..." Yuna managed to smile despite all that had happened.

"How so, unnie?" Halla asked

"Because of him..." she stared at the distance, her smile never leaving her face "... I met the four most wonderful and talented girls that I have ever seen in my life..." then she followed with a chuckle.

Yuna is very positive. Even through our darkest days, she was always the one to cheer everyone up and give her girls the light and motivation to keep moving.

"I love you guys..." her smile grew wider. Minju became emotional at Yuna's statement and hugged Yuna who was beside her.

After that it was Minju who opened up "I was rejected more than once on a show...."

All of them focused on Minju, even Jane who finally calmed down.

"I thought that it was the end for me....but it's not... I've trained with you for a very long time. You guys were the light to my darkness" A tear started streaming down Minju's cheek "So when we finally got the chance to debut. I was so happy... I was thankful that I..."