🅙🅞🅢🅗

The funeral was long and sad. All around me were people in black. Tons of people were patting my back and holding my arm and saying they were, 'Sorry for my loss.' What the crap does that even mean?

I didn't cry, as sick as that sounds. But its true. I didn't cry because of my fiancées death. I cried when I found him of course, but I hadn't cried at his funeral. Is that a bad thing? The person that died wouldn't of wanted me to cry, right? So how come when I don't cry, I still get strange looks?

And no, I'm not saying I was just so happy that my fiancé was dead. I was anything but happy. If you asked anyone who was at the funeral, they would tell you that I was simply out of it. I wasn't in the atmosphere. I mean, I was physically. But not mentally. I just stared at Troye's casket. Wondering how my tiny baby boy could even fit inside of it.

The casket was open, but my baby was not inside. I mean, he was. But he just wasn't. My baby boy could breath. And laugh. And smile. This one just looked dead. Really, with his pale hands folded over his chest and all. They even put him in a tuxedo! How rude! He hated them. He would always wear dresses and skirts to look formal. So, that was something I talked about when they asked me to speak.

I stood from my seat in the front row and stood on the stage, next to my baby boy. I gulped as I looked at the large crowd. Then I looked at Troye, then back at the crowd.

I looked at the paper I had written a few day before hand. This was supposed to be my speech. But it sounded so generic. I couldn't say this. I crumbled the paper back into my pocket and cleared my throat as I started talking.

"Troye never liked tuxedos," I started, "he would always ask if they made his butt look saggy."

A few people let out tiny laughs, Troye's mom just glared at me.

"Anyway," I say quickly, "I met Troye in an alley. I was being attacked by an ex of mine. Tyler Joseph. Ever heard of him?"

A few people gasp in the crowd, I nod.

"Yep. I was being attacked by him, and Troye over heard. Tyler had ran off when Troye came to my side. He let me cry on his shoulder. He carried me to my house, which was almost a mile away. The whole way there, he whispered sweet nothings into my ear."

I reach over and laid my hands on Troye's as I continued talking.

"He held me that whole night. Never letting me go. I was never more grateful. And for that simple thing, I will forever owe him my life."

I put my hand on his cheek and rub it softly with my thumb, then I move my hands away from him. Putting both of them on the microphone.

"Troye was always sweet. Since the beginning. He always had a kind heart. He always laughed. He cherished everyone and everything around him. When he asked me to marry him, I almost died. Literally. He always seemed to ask the important questions while I would be eating. I went to the hospital countless times because of him. But it was okay, because when I woke up, groggy from anesthesia, I would always smile at his tear stained cheeks. And every time, he would jump onto my chest and scream, "I'm sorry!" But it was always okay. It always was."

A few people in the crowd start to cry, others stare at me in awe, Troye's mother seems happy with my speech.

"Look," I say, "I don't sing much. Drumming is the thing I'm good at. Drumming is what I love. Troye always loved to grab my biceps. I mean, why wouldn't he? Look at these guns," I say, putting up my arms.

About a dozen eyes roll at once.

"But, Troye always told me he loved the sound of my voice whenever we were in the shower. I mean, not together of course. Uh, let me just stop talking," I say, which causes Troye's little brother to giggle.

"This is for you, Troye," I say.

I close my eyes and take a deep breath as I begin singing;

"There's miles of land in front of us.
And we're dying with every step we take.
We're dying with every breath we make.
And I'll fall in line.
A strangers back is all I see.
He's only a few feet in front of me.
And I'll look left and right sometimes.
But I'll fall in line.
No one looks up anymore.
You might get a rain drop in your eye.
And heaven forbid they see you cry.
As we fall in line.
And about this time of every year.
The line will go to the ocean pier.
And walk right off into the sea.
Then we fall asleep."

Out the corner of my eye, I see Troye's body slowly rise into the air. He's standing upright and he's twirling. His arms glued to his chest. He's twirling fast. Then, he stops. His tuxedo is gone and now he's wearing a pastel pink dress with pale pink shoes. Then, his body slowly lowers itself back into the casket. As if nothing ever happened. The crowd looks amazed.

In the back of the room, I see someone in a black hoodie. He takes the hood off so that I can see his brown orb eyes, and fuzzy hair. He sends me a gentle nod. Then he leaves out the back door.

"And as we near the end of land,
And our ocean graves are just beyond the sand.
I ask myself the question, "why?"
As I fall in line.
And then out of the corner of my eye,
I see a space ship in the sky.
I hear a voice inside my head,
"Follow me instead."

My voice shakes as I sing the last lyric. That was Tyler back there. He did that.

A tear falls from my eye.