❷⓿

"josh?"

"yes, tyler?"

"can i talk to you about something?"

"what, tyler?"

i ran a hand through my hair and bit my lip.

"the one thing that made me happiest in all my life.. was you. and when i lost you, i lost myself. i stayed up at night wondering what i could do to show you that i love you. i cried myself to sleep. when troye died, i made it my goal to make sure you would never cry again. i broke my way into his funeral to see you smile. i stalked you to see your face.. one that i was certain i'd never see again. but now that you're here. in my sight. in my reach. i dont want to lose you again. and if i screw up again, thats on me. not you. and you can walk away from me with no regrets, and you never have to turn back and give me not even one thought. but i want to try again. i want you to give me another chance. please, josh?"

josh smiles and grabs my face, pulling me closer and smashing his lips to mine.

a lump in my throat forms and tears prickle my eyes as i focus on the feeling of his lips against mine. it is a feeling that i've missed deeply. i felt his hand snake around my waist and pull me closer. i smile slightly against his lips. he picks me up and carries me to my room. and i'll tell you that it was the best night of my life. and the night i got my true love back.

flowers grew themselves on the walls of my bedroom