❶⓿

🅣🅨🅛🅔🅡

"Project Panic?" Jenna asked me with a laugh. Why was she laughing? Was it really that funny?

"Yes," I said proudly, "like it?"

"Sure," Jenna replied, "are you ready to do this or what?"

"I'm ready."

*

"Do I look lonely?

I see the shadows on my face.

People have told me I don't look the same.

Maybe I lost weight.

I'm playing hooky with the best of the best.

Put my heart on my chest so that you can see it, too.

I'm walking the long road, watching the sky fall.

The lace in your dress tingles my neck, how do I live?"

Jenna and I walk slowly into the fancy restaurant.  People with black suits and white dresses litter the area, sitting at tables with glass plates and glass cups. White table clothes with neatly wrapped white napkins laying next to the plates. Silverware lying neatly in those napkins. Jenna gasps at the beautiful scenery of the room. Me, I stare ahead of me. A man in a fancy black suit was standing there. A microphone in his hand. His other one was holding onto the microphone holder, tilting it with the movement of his body. Smooth movements.

"The death of a bachelor
Oh oh.
Letting the water fall.
The death of a bachelor.
Oh oh.
Seems so fitting for.
Happily ever after (woo).
How could I ask for more?
A lifetime of laughter.
At the expense of the death of a bachelor," his soft yet loud voice sang.

He continued to sing, but I spaced off, not being able to hear the rest of his song. I tapped Jenna's arm the pointed up at the man in the suit.

"There he is."