❶❺

* lowercase intended *

!

"so.. what do you mean he isn't dead?"

"did i stutter, josh?"

"no."

i sigh and lay my head on my hand. i really don't know what to do right now. and i came to josh in search of an answer, but he seems to be as clueless as i am.

after a moment of silence, josh breaks it by asking a question that makes my heart race.

"why are you really here, tyler?"

i gulp. but not because i didnt know how to answer his question. its because i did.

"do you remember what happened at troye's funeral?"

josh nods slowly, "you put him into a dress after i made my speech. why did you do that?"

i bite my lip as i answer his question, "its because i love you, josh. i'll never stop. when i heard you say that about him i figured that would be a way to show you i care. and im sorry, about what happened to troye as well, he seemed like a great guy."

josh shakes his head, "he wasn't, tyler. and it hurts me to say that, but, he wasn't."

i furrow my eyebrows together, "what do you mean?"

josh frowns, "he wasn't there for me. he was a brat. he was selfish and thought that i had to do everything for him. as if he wasn't a grown man. i was sick of it. i had to do everything!"

i smirk slightly, "so you're saying you killed troye?"

josh blushes slightly, "yes? no? maybe? i dont know. he killed himself, technically, i just drove him to it."

i gasp, "wow. officer dun actually killed someone. speaking of, are you still a police officer?"

josh shakes his head, "wasn't enough anymore once i bought the house. would've had to work day and night shifts just to pay the light bill and cable every month."

i nod, "so, what do you do now?"

"i own a store across town. and i rent out rooms of the house sometimes."

i blurt out my next sentence without thinking.

"do you think i could rent one out? my apartment is too expensive and im not really getting enough as a janitor. how much is it per month?"

josh talks slowly and uneasy, "two hundred.."

i smile, "perfect! would you be okay with that?"

"yeah, sure."

"alright"