❶❼

* lowercase intended *

josh's pov

~

it was exactly 3:12 when it happened. it's tylers first night living with me. we both had said goodnight and we're now going to bed. i smiled as i lightly brushed the flower behind my ear with my fingertips. i guess tyler wasn't as bad as i thought he was. 

i tugged myself into bed, and fell into a deep sleep.

*

"josh.."

my eyes open slowly and i reach my hands up to my face to rub them. i soon realize that im in a dark place. i plant my hands next to my waist, lifting myself up slightly. my eyebrows cringe, knitting themselves together as i see that i planted my hands right into a puddle of water. i stare at my wet hands for a moment then i fully lift myself off the wet floor. as i lift my head to look forward, i see troye. he's lying in a bath tub. bloody water surrounds the dark floor around him. his wrist dangle on either side of the tub, dried blood lines tracing tears in his skin. his head dangles back. his face.. body.. drained of their color. i feel my heartbeat quicken. then panic arises. i yell, running towards the imagery of troye that was planted within my mind. but with each step i take, the tub containing him goes back. making it utterly impossible for me to reach him. for me to save him.

i gasp for air. falling to my knees and screaming at- what? who was there to blame? it was my fault. i grab at my shirt, trying to pull my heart out from underneath it. if troye couldn't live, then why should i? 

i sob into the floor puddles. just awaiting my end. until suddenly, im pulled out of the dark room. i feel a substance underneath my nostrils and i realize that it was blood, but i just wipe it away, not caring. i see a light. and when i open my eyes, awakening from my horrid dream, i find out the light belonged to eyes. none other than the eyes of tyler joseph. 

"its okay. it was just a dream. im here."

tears leave my eyes as i crawl into tyler's lap, burying my face into his bare chest as he sings me back to a peaceful sleep. and as he does so, string lights begin to slowly hang themselves around the room. i smile softly and pull tyler closer. i begin to feel myself drifting off. and the last thing i remember seeing.. was the time on the digital clock beside my bed. 3:12. and i knew right then, that everything would be okay.