❶❷

"You guys scared me!" Brendon yells, clutching his chest.

"Sorry," Jenna says, sheepishly. 

"It's okay," Brendon says. 

Brendon placed a hand on his hip, the other on the wall. 

"So what do you two want? An autograph?"

Jenna and I exchange a look due to his calm manner.  

"Yes," I reply slowly, "that would be great," I add, lacking excitement in my voice. 

Brendon grabs a photograph of himself from the table and quickly scribbles his name on his forehead, wiggling the paper at me like an excited five year old after he added a small, yet childish drawing of testicles. 

"Here ya go!" Brendon says, smiling with all of his pearly white teeth. 

"What's your favorite song on my album?" Brendon asks Jenna, folding his arms over his chest as he waited patiently for an answer. 

"Uh-" Jenna says, but I interrupt her, knowing she didn't know any of his songs. 

"La Devotee!" I say quickly, "she just loves that one." 

"Yep," Jenna nods, going along with me. 

Brendon laughs, "I loved working with Noah to shoot that video, he's such a cool kid."

"Yep," Jenna says, not knowing who Noah Schnapp was either. 

Soon, the room gets silent. Brendon's eyes look from me to Jenna. 

"Um, what are you guys still doing here? Do you want a picture too? Just ask! How come no one asks? Are they scared of me? Am I scary? I don't mean to be scary, maybe I just look sc-"

"No," Jenna says interrupting him, "you aren't scary, and we don't want a picture either. we just came to compliment your voice and get an autograph. Have a good day."

With that, Jenna and I quickly turn around, ready to leave, but Brendon stops us in our tracks. 

"Hey wait, have I seen you guys before? You remind me of someone, but I just can't put my finger on it."

"Well," I say casually, "I remind a lot of people of a lot of people."