Combat

Phantom woke up the next day and he heard someone knocking on the door to the room he was in. Phantom growled, "Just open the damn door."

The person on the other side of the door opened it and Phantom saw that it was Megan. She saw him on the floor but she didn't question it, "I was wondering if you wanted to come eat breakfast."

Phantom sighed, "Fine." He got up and Megan left the room so she wouldn't get to close to Phantom and she went to the kitchen. Phantom stretched and realized that his arm was almost healed, he'd have to injure himself if he started having an episode again. He had wounds all the time so he could use those to cause himself pain but when he didn't he hurt himself.

He used small, sharp bits of ice to hurt himself so he didn't get out of control and end up attacking someone. Phantom shook the thoughts from his mind and walked out of the room and into the kitchen. The others had already gotten something to eat so Phantom just grabbed some toast and ate it.

He couldn't eat much since he wasn't used to it so eating small amounts every now and again was the most he could eat. He stayed in the kitchen while the others watched a movie on TV, Phantom wasn't sure what movie it was. Phantom watched the movie and because of his enhanced hearing he could make out what was being said.

It was an action movie which was obvious after the first ten minutes that Phantom had watched. Several minutes after the movie ended Phantom heard something from one of the other rooms. He knew that it was the zeta tubes since he had heard them before and he knew who had walked in.

It was Black Canary, the chick that doesn't understand personal space for some damn reason. The team all got up when they heard the zeta tubes say her name and Aqualad looked at Phantom. "Would you like to join us Phantom?"

Phantom raised an eyebrow, "Does it look like I have anything better to do?"

Aqualad smiled just a little, he was trying to be friendly, "I suppose not." Aqualad left and Phantom sighed before following the other teens to see what was going on. Phantom hung around near the doorway and watched Black Canary talk about training before she spotted him.

Was it wrong if he wanted to growl at her, he was pretty sure it was but she had nearly caused him to have an episode. Of course that just lead to him having an episode later because of Superman but he still wasn't happy. These guys really weren't making a good impression on him, at least the team wasn't that bad, the Leaguers were the ones causing him problems.

Black Canary smiled at him, Phantom didn't trust that smile, Maddie used to smile at him like that. That was before he became a halfa and she cut him open over, and over, and over again. He had to remind himself that Black Canary wasn't Maddie, he couldn't let what happened to him stop him from trying to trust others.

"Phantom, care to join us?"

Phantom had his arms crossed and his eyes glowed brighter for a brief second with curiosity. "Depends on what you're doing."

Black Canary put her hands on her hips, "We're doing combat training, if you want to join I'd be more then happy to be your partner."

Phantom thought for a second, "Fine." Phantom walked over to them and stood on the opposite side of Black Canary, he focused on his breathing. He used to be trained by the GIW, they were trying to get him to fight for them but he refused. He was fine with this as long as he stayed calm, fighting didn't cause him to have episodes for some strange reason.

Once the fight started Black Canary came at him and tried to punch him but he dodged it at the last second. Everyone seemed surprised but Black Canary still tried to punch him a second time which he easily dodged. She tried to fake him out by punching him but trying to trip him at the last second which also didn't work.