Yes Or No

Phantom was currently in his borrowed room with the lights turned off and his broken leg had a layer of ice on it. He was glad he had an ice core since it was useful in situations like this, his leg hurt less this way. After two hours of having his leg covered in ice and calming down he felt better, at least he wasn't in as much pain.

Then he heard a knock at the door and he got rid of the ice before answering, "It's open." Robin walked into the room and saw Phantom sitting in the corner, he still didn't question it.

"Are you okay?"

Phantom sighed, "I'm fine, why are you even asking?"

Robin hummed, "Well you've been in a bad mood all day so I'd say you haven't been okay at all today."

Phantom thought for a moment, "I guess that's true, so are you here for any other reasons or did you just want to talk about feelings?"

Robin felt his heart stop for a second before it started again, "The team wanted to ask you something. I promise that it's not about Vlad or your powers, it's something completely different."

Phantom raised an eyebrow but he got up while making sure he didn't hurt his leg but made it look like he was okay. Once he was standing Robin left the room and Phantom followed him and made sure to close the door of the room. It took his eyes a minute to adjust to the lights but at least his headache was mostly gone.

Once they got to the living room Phantom saw the group of teens sitting somewhere and Black Canary was standing with her arms crossed. Phantom stood and put his hands in his pockets, he was still unsure of Black Canary and he didn't want to be near her. Once Robin sat down all of the teens seemed to be waiting for someone to start the conversation.

Phantom looked bored, "Is anyone going to say something within the next century?"

Kid Flash eventually stood up in frustration, "This is killing me, we wanted to ask if you'd join the team."

Phantom raised an eyebrow, "Why?"

Aqualad looked straight at Phantom, "You have proven that you can work with this team. Not only that but you have skills and knowledge we do not, you'd be a welcomed addition to the team."

Artemis rolled her eyes, "He means that you're cool."

Phantom gave them an odd look, "Why would you want someone like me on your team? I could give you several good reasons why you should just ship me off to the GIW right now."

Megan smiled at him, "There are plenty of reasons why we would want to be your friends to."

Phantom's eyes glowed brighter due to his shock for a split second before they went back to normal and he sighed. "If, and I mean if, I joined this team then what would that entail?"

Black Canary smiled just a little, "You'd live at the mountain unless you have somewhere else to go. You'd participate in mandatory training and you'd go on missions with the team. If it's deemed necessary then you'll also receive therapy for your trauma since it's already been established that you have PTSD."

Phantom hummed, when she said, 'unless you have somewhere else to go,' he immediately thought of the ghost zone. He had started to learn how to create portals to the ghost zone but it's been a while and he's still too weak to do it. He'd cross that bridge when he came to it, that was the only thing he could do right now.

Phantom looked at Black Canary, "I'll warn you now, if I end up having to go to therapy then it might not end well." It wasn't even a threat, he was actually concerned that he might hurt someone if he had a panic attack.

Black Canary put her hands on her hips, "Is there anything else you have concerns about?"

Phantom shrugged, "Not really."

Superboy decided to finally speak up, "So what's your answer?"

Phantom though for a moment, "I guess it couldn't hurt to join." They all smiled but Phantom put up a hand to stop them from celebrating just yet. "Just know that I'm not the easiest person to get along with, you are warned."

Robin smiled, "I think we figured that out already." They all laughed a little and Phantom almost smiled, not quite but almost.

Black Canary smiled as the teens smiled, a few even high fived each other but she interrupted them. "I'd hate to cut this short but since Phantom is now your new team member I have to evaluate his skills. Not only that but it's time for training anyway so let's go, you can celebrate later."

Phantom knew this might hurt, his leg was bothering him but he had dealt with worse, he could last. Black Canary looked at all of them when her training lesson officially began, She looked straight at Phantom. "Because I'll be evaluating you I'll have you fight your new teammates, is that okay with you?"

Phantom nodded, "I don't have a problem with that."

Black Canary nodded, "Then you'll be fighting Kid Flash first." The two teens got into position and got ready to fight, Phantom looked completely relaxed while the speedster looked excited. Once the fight started KF ran at him and Phantom moved to the right to dodge and he tripped him.

Before he could hit the ground Phantom grabbed his wrist and stopped him from falling. Then Phantom let go and he fell again but he only fell a few inches so it didn't hurt much. Phantom was declared the winner and Phantom helped the speedster up before quickly moving back.

No one got a chance to question what just happened since Black Canary decided to have Artemis fight Phantom next. The fight started and Phantom immediately saw that Artemis was a skilled fighter, unfortunately she wasn't skilled enough. Phantom easily dodged all of her attacks and he got behind her before sweeping her legs out from under her.

He was going to break her fall but she did a move that he recognized as a break fall, it was a martial arts move. She broke her fall but Phantom still won and he helped her up before his personal bubble appeared once again. Next up was Superboy, this would be an interesting fight for obvious reasons.

Once the fight started Superboy tried to punch him but Phantom quickly dodged and grabbed his wrist before throwing Superboy over his shoulder. Superboy hit the floor and the fight was over in ten seconds, Phantom hadn't even tried to punch or kick anyone yet. Then Robin realized that Phantom was just getting warmed up, what was he like when he was serious?