Injuries

Training continued and Megan was next, Phantom literally took her down in the same amount of time it took to beat Superboy. Then it was Aqualad's turn and Phantom was interested to see what he could do. Phantom didn't beat him quickly, Phantom kept dodging all of his attacks and studied his moves.

Then Phantom jumped into the air and his hands landed on Aqualad's shoulders before Phantom gripped his shirt. He flipped so he was behind the dark skinned teen and he threw him to the other side of the room with ease. Aqualad slid across the floor and stopped at the edge of the fighting area and everyone was impressed.

Phantom's leg was bothering him because of that move but he didn't show it, it wouldn't matter soon. Now it was Robin's turn, the last person that Phantom would have to fight before he was done. Phantom waited until the fight started and when it did the two fought, Phantom just dodged at first but Robin proved to be a worthy challenge.

Phantom stopped one of Robin's punches before elbowing him in the stomach, it didn't hurt a lot but Phantom had finally done something other then dodge. None of them had ever gotten Phantom to go on offence unless he was ending the fight so this was interesting. Then the real fight began, Phantom and Robin fought with more energy than they had before.

After a bit they realized that it was like the two were dancing because of the way they moved. Phantom's fluid motions made it look like this was just a deadly dance that he had danced many times before. Robin had eventually fallen into the strange rhythm that Phantom had set and his movements seemed to be different.

Robin had realized that as well, for some reason he didn't care if he won or not, he didn't care anymore. Phantom looked so carefree as he moved and Robin thought it was absolutely beautiful. Robin felt happy, he wondered what it would be like to actually see Phantom dance.

Robin got lost in their movements, he didn't want this to end but then he noticed something. Phantom looked like he was in pain for a brief moment and that's when Phantom decided to end the fight. He didn't want to but he had to, Phantom faked Robin out with a punch but ducked at the last second.

Phantom's arms supported his weight while his right leg hit Robin's chest and his left leg swept Robin's legs out from under him. Robin hit the ground and Phantom quickly did a backflip away before jumping backward. Once he landed after jumping backward a loud crack could be heard and Phantom's right leg gave out.

He bit back a yell and he looked at his leg, the bone had slid out of place and he growled. Phantom bit the cloth of his coat and set the bone again which resulted in another loud crack. Robin was already on his feet by the time Phantom managed to stand up and he looked even more pale than usual.

He couldn't put pressure on his leg because it hurt to much and the pain made it so he couldn't think straight. He rubbed his eyes, "If we're done here I'll be going." Before anyone could say anything he flew out of the room and everyone stared at where he disappeared in the shadows.

Robin felt horrible and he decided to see if Phantom was okay, no one even tried to stop him as he quickly left the room. Robin went straight to Phantom's room and knocked, "Phantom, I'm coming in."

Robin opened the door and Phantom was sitting in the corner with his right leg straight out in front of him on the floor. He looked tired and in pain because of his leg, Robin frowned and he closed the door. The room was dark aside from Phantom's glow which illuminated the room a bit, Robin couldn't help but stare for a minute.

When Robin brought himself back to reality he looked at Phantom's eyes which were partially hidden by his hood and hair. "When did you hurt your leg?"

Phantom sighed, "Vlad broke it during the fight but it was fractured before that."

Robin was a bit stunned, "When was your leg fractured?"

"The GIW broke it and it healed until it was just a fracture before Vlad broke it again." Robin was completely shocked, his leg had been hurt this whole time and none of them knew?

"Why didn't you tell anyone?"

Phantom looked a bit angry at himself, "I wasn't sure if I could trust any of you so showing weakness wasn't an option."

Robin looked at Phantom sadly, "I've never met anyone as strong as you before, your stronger then any of us could ever be. Being injured isn't a weakness and neither is asking for help, not saying anything just means your stubborn."

Phantom laughed a little, Robin decided that he loved Phantom's laugh and Phantom looked at him. "If I'm stubborn then you're weird."

"I'm not weird, I'm just whelmed."

Phantom raised an eyebrow, "Whelmed?"

"Some people are overwhelmed, some people are underwhelmed, why isn't anyone ever just whelmed?"

Phantom laughed again and Robin smiled, he definitely loved the sound of Phantom's laugh. Phantom stopped laughing and smiled, "Yeah you're definitely weird."

Robin looked annoyed, "Hey!"

Phantom smirked, "I didn't say it was a bad thing." Robin looked a bit shocked by what Phantom said but he laughed and Phantom laughed a little to.

Robin looked at Phantom's leg, "Are you going to be okay?"

Phantom nodded, "As long as I don't do anything stupid and I let it heal then I'll be fine."

Robin nodded, "I'll bring you some food and a glass of water, you can't heal if you're starving." Robin left the room and Phantom watched him leave before putting his head in his hands. It was official, he liked Robin and he didn't know what the fuck to do now, the last person he liked tried to kill him.

He had a crush on Sam before he became a halfa but as soon as she found out she turned her back on him. Robin came back a few minutes later and only got close enough to Phantom to give him the food. He didn't want to set him off right now, "I'll come back later to see how you're doing."

Robin left Phantom's room again and the only thing he could think was that he liked Phantom. If all of the staring and thinking he was beautiful wasn't a clear indication then he didn't know what was. Holy shit he had it bad, well they both did but they didn't know that the other liked them back, those poor idiots.

*****

Hey guys! It's my birthday! The reason I'm posting this later in the day instead of earlier is because today was crazy. I'm posting it now though so please forgive me! I hope you liked the chapter!