Dangerous

Everyone kept glancing at Phantom, he looked like he was expecting a fight, even Cujo was on guard. Batman didn't say a word but he was silently hoping that the teens would be able to prove that Phantom was an ally. Once they finally got to the meeting room where the League members were waiting they walked into the room.

Batman took his seat without saying a word and Phantom stood in front of them with the team standing behind him. The teens made sure they weren't to close to Phantom but they were ready to defend him if they had to. Once Batman was seated Superman stood up and gave Phantom an apologetic look.

It wasn't long before all eyes were on Phantom, "Phantom several members of the League believe your dangerous."

Phantom rolled his eyes, "I'm not giving a speech about how I'm not actually dangerous."

Green Arrow's eyes narrowed, "There isn't even a question of whether or not he's dangerous."

Phantom's face remained neutral, "You're right, there isn't, I am dangerous. In fact everyone here is dangerous, you just want to know if I'm an enemy or an ally." This earned a few reactions from the Leaguers, most of them either tensed or glared at him.

Aquaman looked just as composed as when the meeting had started, "Why should we trust you? If you really are a ghost then wouldn't that make you vengeful?"

Phantom gave him a look that said 'I'm tired of your shit' and he mentally signed. "First of all, not all ghosts are vengeful you ignorant, ghost hating, stuck up prick." Everyone was a bit shocked by Phantom's comment, Aqualad felt like he should defend his king but he stayed quiet.

"Second, ghosts have a lot of reasons for staying here instead of moving on, it isn't just because they're vengeful. I doubt that any of you have even met a ghost before now so don't act like you know anything about us. You're basing all of your doubts on things that you've heard about ghosts, you're prejudiced because of a few ghosts stories."

"You discriminate us because you don't know anything about us, you don't want to admit that you have no idea what ghosts are like." Phantom wasn't just defending himself, he was defending his people, the people that he now ruled over. He wasn't going to stand by and let people say thing like this about them, he'd defend his people.

Flash looked straight at Phantom, "Then why do people say that they've been attacked by ghosts?"

Phantom took a deep breath and calmed down, "I didn't say all ghosts are good, some ghosts are bad but not all of them. It's just that most of the ghosts that come to the human realm are vengeful but they're only a handful of ghosts."

Captain Atom raised an eyebrow, "Then why are they vengeful?"

"A ghost can be vengeful for a number of reasons but the most common reasons are because they were killed or were driven to suicide."

Martian Manhunter seemed confused, "But if a ghost is not vengeful then why would they be here at all?"

"There are a lot of reasons why a ghost that isn't vengeful might stick around. A ghost might want to see the people they left behind and tell them they love them for instance. They might be looking for something they had before they died. Some ghosts that were killed just want to know who killed them or want to help bring their killer to justice."

Wonder Woman crossed her arms, "So why should we believe that we can trust you?"

Cujo growled before he barked at her as if to defend Phantom and the team looked a bit angry as well. Aqualad spoke before Phantom got the chance, "Phantom has done nothing to suggest that he is an enemy."

Aquaman stared at Aqualad, "Stand down."

Aqualad shook his head, "I will not, Phantom is now a part of the team, he is a friend." Phantom looked at all of them with slight shock and confusion but the look disappeared quickly and he faced the Leaguers again.

Kid Flash backed up Aqualad, "Phantom even went on a few missions with us and he helped."

Megan added to what KF said, "He even got hurt while he was helping us."

Artemis spoke next, "He wasn't technically part of the team at the time either."

Superboy crossed his arms, "If he was going to hurt anyone he probably would have done it by now but he hasn't."

Robin was stopping himself from glaring at the Leaguers, "He's not our enemy. He's fought with us, he's helped us, he's a part of the team, and we will defend him." Phantom hid his shock, he really needed to start being nicer to these guys.

All of the Leaguers were a bit shocked but Phantom could tell that Batman, Superman, and Black Canary looked just a little happy. He wasn't sure why they were happy but he could tell that they were happy despite how shocked they were. He'd have to think about that later though, he had to focus on the matter at hand right now.

Batman stood up, "I think we've all heard enough, if you'd all leave the room for now we'll make our decision." The team left and Cujo walked right next to Phantom as they left the room and the door closed behind them. They all waited in a room right across from the meeting room and once Phantom sat in a chair Cujo jumped onto his lap.

Cujo licked Phantom's face to make him feel better and it worked, Phantom smiled and scratched Cujo behind his ears. After a minute Cujo jumped off of Phantom's lap and onto the floor before he looked at the team. Cujo barked at them while his tail wagged and no one knew what the dog was doing, Phantom smiled a little.

"Cujo likes you guys now."

Robin gave Phantom a questioning look, "Why's that?"

"Ghost dogs are smarter than normal dogs, he knows what everyone around him is saying. Ghosts are naturally wary of the living but you've proven to him that you can be trusted so he likes you now."

Cujo actually nodded his head before he barked again, then he ran over to Phantom and jumped into his lap again. Cujo barked at Phantom and Phantom smirked before he formed a ball out of ectoplasm. He tossed it and Cujo ran after it and grabbed it before bringing it back to Phantom and putting it in the boys hand.

After several minutes of Cujo making Phantom play fetch with him Batman stepped into the room. Phantom had just thrown the ball again and Cujo was retrieving it, once he did Phantom picked the dog up. He got rid of the ball of ectoplasm and everyone stood up, Batman would have questioned the game of fetch but he decided not to.

They all went back into the meeting room and Cujo jumped out of Phantom's arms as they were walking across the hall. The Leaguers looked at them when they came in and Cujo was on guard again, Phantom had never let his guard down. The group of teens looked at the Leaguers and waited for someone to say something.

Black Canary was the one to break the silence, "We've made a decision." Everyone tensed, except Phantom who was expecting a fight, and the teens held their breaths. "We'll trust you for now but you'll have to prove that you're not the enemy by continuing to work with the team."

Phantom crossed his arms again, "I wouldn't have agreed to join the team if I wasn't already planning on working with them." He turned around and looked at her over his shoulder, "Trust is earned, it's a two way street." The team walked out of the room and went to the zeta tubes before going back to the mountain.