Idiots

Phantom phased out of the mountain and started playing fetch with Cujo, it was a good way to pass the time. Cujo was a rather energetic dog and he liked it when Phantom threw it far away. After nearly ten minutes of playing the team had decided to split up and find Phantom.

It took about ten more minutes for Robin to find Phantom outside and Cujo was handing a ball to Phantom. Phantom looked so happy whenever he was interacting with another ghost, it made Robin happy. Phantom threw the ball again and Cujo chased after it and Robin watched the ball until it disappeared somewhere.

Robin whistled, "Don't you think you threw it a little too far?"

Phantom smirked, "He's a ghost dog with a lot of energy, I didn't throw it far enough." Robin laughed and smiled, ever since he woke up he had realized that he had missed the team. It's funny how nearly dying can make you see just how much you missed, he didn't want to miss all of this a second time.

He still didn't like the Justice League though, they had yet to gain his trust like the team had. Phantom looked at Robin curiously, "So what did you want to tell me before?"

Robin's mind froze for a split second before he told himself to tell Phantom what he wanted to say. "I wanted to tell you that I-" then the team came out of the mountain and found the two teens, they both screamed in their minds. Phantom wanted to know what Robin wanted to tell him and Robin was sure the world hated him at this moment.

"There you are, what are you doing out here?" Aqualad asked. Phantom pointed in a direction and not even three seconds later Cujo appeared with the ball in his mouth. Cujo gave the ball to Phantom and barked at him to try and get Phantom to throw it farther.

Phantom smirked and he drew back his arm with the ball in his hand and he threw the ball. It flew through the air and disappeared as Cujo already ran off to get it, the heroes stared in shock for a minute. They hadn't known that Phantom could throw that far, it was even more amazing that he had done that while he was hurt!

Phantom turned to them, "What the hell is so shocking?"

Artemis looked at Phantom like he was crazy, "How were you able to throw it that far?!"

Phantom raised an eyebrow, "You've seen me fly, turn invisible, speak different languages, and beat a bunch of agents with my ghostly wail. Your really surprised that I can throw a ball farther than most people?"

The teens then remembered who they were dealing with and they wondered why they had been so shocked before. Superboy crossed his arms, "Did you ever play any sports?

Phantom laughed humorlessly, "Hell no, I hate sports, I will never become a jock." Phantom was reminded of Dash as he said that and he scowled, he hated his past bully. He was bullied by a lot of jocks but Dash was the worst out of all of them and Phantom took a deep breath to calm down.

The team could tell that Phantom was irritated by something but they didn't know what it was.

Megan looked worried, "Are you okay Phantom?"

Phantom nodded, "Don't worry about it."

Kid Flash huffed, "Too late for that, will you please tell us?"

Phantom looked at all of them and he sighed, "If you tell someone even the depths of hell won't be able to save you from my wrath."

Robin nodded, "Noted, now will you tell us?"

Phantom rubbed his eyes before he put his hands in his pockets and looked at them. "When I was alive I was bullied by jocks, I hate sports because of it and just thinking about it makes me remember my bullies. Now drop it, you don't need to worry about it so leave it be and move on."

All of the young heroes felt angry when they heard that Phantom had been bullied. The only reason they remained, relatively, calm was because Phantom didn't seem like he wanted to talk about it anymore. Cujo brought the ball back and they all went inside since they wanted Phantom to rest.

Phantom went to his room to take a nap while the other teens wondered off to do their own things. Phantom woke up three hours later since he didn't have a nightmare, which was rare, and he walked into the living room. It was getting a bit late when he did and most of the team was gone, Superboy and Megan were still there as well as Robin.

Phantom went outside and looked at the stars, Cujo stayed inside because he wanted to see what Megan was doing. She was cooking and Cujo didn't know what she was making so the ghost dog wanted to see if he could figure out what it is. Robin saw Phantom going outside and he decided to follow him a few minutes later.

Robin found Phantom sitting in a tree with a far away look in his eyes, he frowned and walked over to the tree Phantom was sitting in. Phantom noticed him and called down to him, "Why aren't you inside?"

"I saw you come out here and I wanted to make sure you're okay."

Phantom mentally sighed and jumped down from where he was, he put his hands in his pockets once he landed on the ground. "I'm fine."

Robin crossed his arms, "That's a lie." He sighed and looked at Phantom sadly, "I know that whatever you're going through isn't something any of us can understand. The Leaguers can try and say that they do but they don't either, we have no clue what you've been through at all."

Phantom looked away from Robin for a second before he looked at him again. "I don't want any of you to understand, my life has been one misfortune after another and it's been a living hell." Phantom had taken his hands out of his pockets while he was talking and they hung at his sides.

Robin grabbed one of Phantom's hands, "Then don't act like you're okay, you can say that you're not okay. You can ask for help, you can talk to any one of us if you want to, you don't need to be strong all the time."

Phantom looked sad, "If I admit that I'm not okay then I'll break down, I haven't been okay for a long time. The only reason I can keep going is because I tell myself that I'm fine, that none of this can affect me. No one cares if I'm not okay, no one's going to help me if I need them, they never would have."

Robin felt his heart break again when he heard that, what had Phantom been through in the past? Robin held Phantom's hand a little tighter, "I care Phantom, people might not have cared before but they do now. I love you Phantom, I know you might not believe me but I do, that's what I wanted to tell you when you woke up."

Robin hugged Phantom and the ghost teen was shocked for a minute but he hugged Robin back anyway. Robin hugged Phantom tightly and Phantom smiled just a little, "We're both idiots."

Robin smiled but he refused to let go of Phantom, "How so?"

"I love you too, I have for a while, we're both idiots for not telling each other sooner."

Robin's eyes widened, "Wow I really am an idiot."

Phantom laughed and let go of Robin as he smirked, "Yes, yes you are."

Robin smiled, "Well I'm not going to be an idiot now so I'm going to ask you if you'd like to be my boyfriend."

Phantom immediately felt himself blush and he pulled his hood over his eyes, "You did that on purpose."

Robin smiled, "Of course I did, I'd still like to know what your answer is though."

Phantom smiled just a little and he moved his hood back again, "Then my answer is yes." Robin smiled and hugged Phantom again, he was way to happy for words at the moment. Phantom hugged him back and after a while they went back inside and Robin had to go home.

Phantom said goodbye to him and Cujo rejoined him not long after Robin left and Phantom went to his room. Phantom smiled as he fell asleep, he was happy at the moment, to bad his nightmares ruined that.

*****

I hope your all happy, it's taken 26 chapter so get here! Write in the comments what your reaction was to this wonderful development! If anyone has any guesses as to what's going to happen next then tell me so I can read them!