The Facility

Robin walked into the living room and his teammates were waiting, how many times had this happened already? Megan looked concerned, "Is Phantom okay?"

Robin felt slightly hesitant to answer that, "I'm not completely sure, he said he broke his leg." They all looked shocked as Robin continued, "He said the GIW broke it but it had healed until it was just a fracture. Apparently Vlad broke it again while they were fighting and he didn't tell anyone about it."

Then his teammates somehow decided that they wouldn't let Phantom do anything that might re-injure his leg. They basically planned to keep him confined and wouldn't let him put pressure on his leg for months. He knew that wouldn't be a good idea since Phantom seemed like he was a naturally active person.

He was going to tell them but figured that they wouldn't listen to him so he would let Phantom handle it. Black Canary had contacted Batman and told him what happened and he showed up at the mountain within minutes. Batman walked straight to Phantom's room and tried to get inside but he couldn't.

Phantom had locked the door so he tried to hack into the panel that allowed outside access to each room. When he was denied he tried again, and again, and again, but it wouldn't work and Batman got a bit angry. He was about to try and kick the door open when Phantom suddenly called to him through the door.

"You could have just knocked, you don't have to kick down the door." Batman seemed to calm down immediately and he stood there for a moment before he knocked. Batman took several steps back and Phantom opened the door and leaned against the doorframe. "Care to tell me what the hell is going on?"

Batman glared at him, "Why didn't you tell someone that your leg was broken?"

Phantom rolled his eyes, "Both of my legs have been broken more times then I care to remember, it isn't anything new."

Batman once again felt bad for the teen but he didn't show it, "There's something else I need to discuss with you."

"And what would that be?"

"The facility you were being held in has been abandoned."

"I'm not surprised, they think that I'll go after them now that I've escaped, they know how powerful I am so they didn't want to take any chances."

Batman raised an eyebrow, "So you don't want to go after them?"

Phantom huffed, "Not all ghosts are vengeful, they might have experimented on me but I'm not going to go after them. I hate them but I won't hurt them because I want revenge, that's not what I do."

Batman nodded, "Even so I still need to see the facility and you know that place better than any of us."

Aqualad gave him a slightly confused look, "Will we be allowed to go?"

Batman nodded, "Since he's now a part of your team you'll be allowed to go if Phantom is okay with it."

Everyone looked at Phantom and he shrugged, "I'm fine with it, just keep in mind that what you might see in there isn't pleasant." A few of the teens looked a bit reluctant but they all wanted to go, Batman told them that they'd be leaving in ten minutes. Phantom went back into his room and sat down in his corner to ice his leg for a few minutes.

He'd walk on it no matter what anyone said and he wanted to make sure his leg didn't hurt to much. He had already healed a bit thanks to the food he had eaten but it would still take a few days to heal. When it was time to go he simply started floating in the air before he phased through the walls.

Phantom focused on staying calm as they traveled to the facility and once they were standing in front of it he was actually fine. Phantom walked up to the doors and he opened them before walking in, the team and Batman were right behind him. He started opening doors and the team looked inside each of them, the first seven or eight had computers, files, papers, and boxes as well as partially complete weapons.

The rooms after that were ones that Phantom knew well, each of them were rooms he had either been experimented on or tortured in. The first room he opened was a room for torture, it had the meat hook hanging from the ceiling. There was dried, green blood everywhere, that particular room was a favorite of the GIW's.

The teens were horrified and Phantom saw the looks on their faces, "You ain't seen nothin' yet." He moved onto another room, this was the room that held a large tank they liked to drown him in. That one wasn't that bad, unless you were the one that was drowning that is, then you hated it.

The next room was one of the experimentation rooms, the metal table and the tools were all covered in blood. There were knives, needles, strange tools that none of them, aside from Phantom, had ever seen before. There was even a saw in there with a bit of blood on it, the one they had tried using just before he managed to escape.

The next room was where they tried electrocuting him, he made it seem like it hurt but after a while he got used to it. He could absorb electricity so this just made him feel stronger, that's why he didn't let them find out. The next room was where they used acid on him, there was still some acid in the room actually.

Some of the acid was on the floor and had mixed with his blood a bit, he could feel the pain from the acid as it ate away his skin. He showed them every room in the facility, most of them were used to either experiment on him or torture him. A few of them were used to try and train him but that hadn't really worked, Phantom would never fight for them.

Aside from the first several rooms and the training room they were used to hurt Phantom. They were all amazed at how many rooms they had used for the sole purpose of trying to break Phantom. The very last room was his cell, despite how horrible this place was that room wasn't bad, it had been his safe place in this hell.

He opened the door and looked around the room, there was a lot of blood in this room which wasn't surprising. The only difference was that there was a dried pool of his green blood in the corner. When Batman and the team looked inside the room they figured out why Phantom sat in the corner of his room.

Batman looked at Phantom, "What was this room?"

"My cell, believe it or not that was the only room I liked." Phantom had a strangely calm look on his face, memories had been coming back to him every time he looked inside a room. He was surprised that he didn't have a panic attack or an episode, he was doing surprisingly well.

Kid Flash looked at him in shock, "How could you like this room, there's so much blood!"

Phantom shrugged, "That was just from almost bleeding out, I was never actually hurt in this room." He said all of this so casually that everyone was confused, how could he be so indifferent to all of this? Phantom wasn't quite sure himself, maybe it was because it was familiar, the only difference was that no one was going to hurt him.

Even so he still didn't like it here, he walked out of the facility at a quick pace and he walked out of the doors. He leaned against a tree and realized that his core was a bit off, looks like it affected him more than he thought. He looked up and he saw the night sky, he could see the stars he had missed so much.

Phantom flew to the roof of the facility and looked up at the stars, he wanted to remember the stars in case he didn't see them again. Once Batman and the team walked out of the facility he flew down to them and they walked to the bio-ship and Batman's jet. Phantom sat down it the bio-ship and focused on getting his core under control, if he wasn't careful something bad could happen.

They flew back to Mt. Justice and by the time they got there Phantom almost had his core in check. He walked to his room and sat in his corner so he could be alone for a bit, he didn't want to talk to anyone. Once he sat down in the dark room he felt better, he iced his leg and he felt a lot better.

He started feeling tired and his eyes wouldn't stay open, as he drifted off to sleep he realized that he hadn't seen any ghosts. He'd have to keep an eye out for them so they'd know he was okay, he missed his friends.

*****

Poor Phantom. Anyway thank you to everyone that wished me a happy birthday! I greatly appreciate it and thank you for continuing to read this story! I'll let you get on with your day now.