Others

*3rd POV
Focus: Trunks

This week's been a particularly busy one for us; mainly devoted to finding a cruise-liner that would be fit to sail in two weeks' time and engaging the service of people concerned with the safekeeping of 'special' presents as well as the cooks who will also manage the food stalls aboard (for Mom really planned to have a banquet then); all in the most reasonable range of prices.

The fun part: she assigned me the task of putting up the guest list while she dictated it for me. Among them are Goten (yay!) and his mom, Chi-chi; Goten's brother Gohan--along with Videl, Gohan's wife; then, Krillin's family and Piccolo (I don't really know who these guys are, but the latter's a Namekian who'd trained me and Goten for quite some time); then Yamcha and his companions (ooh, this guy's said to be Mom's former partner. Poor him, not to be the one I would have to call 'Father'~).

In addition there would also be Hercule, Videl's father; Tien and his good friend Chiaotzu (er... maybe Mom's friends too?); Master Roshi (some perv geezer, but nevertheless one of Mom's acquaintance); Dende (a Namekian child)... and that's about it, from Mom's side. From that of Dad, why, of course I hope he himself would come along with Goten's dad. Then there'll be Aunt Saui's family...

All in all, more than thirty people might be present; quite merry for a private party, and this on a chartered cruise-liner that would be sailing to an unspecified location.

Well, some things are better kept secret... won't be fun otherwise.

Now, to the presents! Besides expecting gifts from all those people, Mom planned to have ones of her own for them--and these would be earned through some sort of tournament.

Imagine it! A possible tournament on a cruise-liner with your close friends and acquaintances, unspecified time limit, and lots of free food! You sure won't wanna miss this, folks!

...That is, unless some geek troublemaker pops up. But then, from the guests, a good half of them would be fighters who could be expected to at least scare them away--me and Goten included. Bana as well; still curious how well that Saiyan brat could fight, if at all.

"Okay then--I think I'm done with the guest-list!"

"Good, just leave it there." Mom appeared with a pile of invitation cards. "Mind helping me with these? Hand them over to those guys that you think live the nearest here."

"Sure. Can I fly this time?"

"Anything to make it quicker."

"Got it!"

Storing about twenty of these cards in my bag, I dashed off and away from the front yard after properly changing clothes. Dad's advice on that store sure had kicked in.

***

Right... first destination is Goten's. He might be playing right now.

--Hm? There appears to be someone ahead of...

"--Bana?! You again?!"

"Oh hi, Cousin... again." He grinned without shame. "Whatcha doing, wandering around?"

"*Grunts* You wish. Helping Mom handing over these cards in my bag."

"Cards..?"

"Birthday cards, you dummy! Been invited, have you not?!"

"Oh yeah, your mom did call sometime ago. Lemme take three of those, then."

"Help yourself. Then again, why do you always manage to pop up whenever I'm on some errand..." I mumbled.