Past issues (1)

*Saui's POV

Hello, everyone. This must be our first direct meeting, so please allow me the honor of making some of my personal details known to you.

My name is Saui. I am, as you know, a former Saiyan princess that ended up stranded on Earth already with a fully Saiyan family on my hands. I already told my sister-in-law, also an Earthling like the rest of you, that I am adjusting to your rules and systems after long years of intergalactic journey. It is both my honor and pleasure to meet you.

With regards to my family's situations at this point, I feel I need not be too descriptive. My husband is a 'specialist' in an Earthen company, and I am the mother of Bana. As of now we have only him to continue the familial bloodline.

If there is anything else that I may be relieved of, it is the fact that mine is not the only Saiyan family around on this fertile and friendly planet; there are still that of my brother, Vegeta; and of another lower-class person, Kakarot (or 'Goku' as you may know him). We also have another sibling, a brother, scarcely heard of: Tarble. I assume he is a family man himself as we speak, though I have not had the honor of meeting his wife. I hope it would not be long before I get to.

That aside, you Earthlings must value hard work more than just social class, am I right?

In that case, I feel I must inform you beforehand that on the Planet Vegeta it was the other way around. For any Saiyan to train there mattered only insofar as s/he could assist in abstracting other planets of their indigenous dwellers. Such was our 'business', and so the final destruction of our home was the least penalty we ought to bear--tough as it was.

But enough of the past--such details may be divulged again when I have the leisure to, and this I could not say when, myself.

I believe some of my son's whims these few days had come to your attention; and of those, I as the one who conceived him would need to assume part of the responsibility.

I have this fair idea that what directed most of your attention with regards to Bana has been his outstandingly outspoken manner and sometimes inconsiderate choice of words. It would be beneath my dignity to try cover those up, let alone back them. Suffice to say that I have made the cause clear to Bulma--and that is, that Bana had been subject to multiple cultures. In most of these, Saiyans were regarded a 'superior' race whose members could be inclined to dispose of anyone showing any slights.

That my young, dear Bana got carried by such a view up until his time on Earth, is not entirely my fault; not that I'm trying to play it safe nor pass the ball to anyone. I am, and will forever be, his mother--no matter how many slights he might pay me. You've seen as well multiple occasions in which I have tried to bring back some semblance of discipline and respect to him.

Suppose he would only listen to me out of fear and/or Saiyan filial piety, so be it; but I have this belief that he knows I am not here as someone he ought to antagonize.

*Sighs...*

Then again, Bana's remarkable respect to my husband is somewhat interesting--at least to me. Were we to monitor this in Saiyan terms, Seika's power level is way lower than mine. If it's got to you somehow that Bana only ever paid some heed to ones he perceived to be stronger than himself, how come, then, that he listens more to Sei than to me?

"Well, honey," Sei had replied when I brought that point up when we were taking a break in one of his trainings with me, "be reminded that Bana is as of now the only fully Saiyan child around among his own kind. Vegeta's and Kakarot's, for comparison, are only halflings, as they ended up mating Earthen women. Unless there is another fully Saiyan child around, to be honest, I don't think Bana's attitude would considerably soften."

"...All right, that kinda illuminates things; but how does that connect with his deferring more to you?"

"Why, you see, our son is no fool. He may have perceived that I am the one capable of... how ought I put this... presenting such a circumstance. You, on the other hand, he may regard merely as a driver to perfection of his own skills. No offense."

I had gaped at this remark.

--Driver to perfection of Bana's skills... in other words, his rival, eh?

Then again, what's this about presenting another Saiyan child...

...Could it be that our thoughts are in the same general direction..?

***

"Mom, I'm home~"

"Welcome back."

Presently, before looking over the couch in our modest living room, I was still brooding over that singular subject.

"Anything new at school?"

"Nah," he took off the backpack in a dramatic way and held it swinging in one hand, "just made a special phone call on the way here. Oh, and I might have something to bring up, once I'm done with homework."

"A phone call, to whom?"

"Cousin Trunks," Bana grinned, "still on about the spar, only with a possibly new opponent. Annoyed him quite a bit, perhaps."

I frowned. That's not something to be proud about. "This and the thing you wanted to talk about is the same?"

"No; but you'll have to wait for that second one. Don't feel like spouting it off now. Later, Mom."

He went on to his own room and closed the door.

"No locking, Bana!"

"Complying!"

Such a lively child, to say so myself...

***

First time having Saui explaining herself ^^ Opinions about her overall attitude?