3 - LOSING FAMILY

Teresa wasn't sure how long they've been walking along the halls of the Dark Palace in search of Snow White, but it was Hook that eventually spotted the Evil Queen through a broken window. He walked forward, sheathing his sword, and frowned as he peered downward.

Emma noticed Hook stop walking and turned to face him, the others following her actions. "What is it? Did you find Snow?"

"I'm afraid so."

Teresa and Ruby walked over and froze at the sight before them. Their closest friend, their family, was being led towards an execution stake.

"We have to get down there before it's too late," Emma said, frantically looking between her companions.

"I don't think we can," Prince James voiced, watching as the raven-haired beauty was being tied to the stake.

"No." Teresa glanced over at Emma and found the blonde woman completely distraught. She furrowed her eyebrows in suspicion at the woman. First the ring, now her immense concern towards Snow, I will have to speak to this Leia woman.

Hook wrapped his arm around Emma, meanwhile Teresa and Ruby clutched onto each other as if their lives depended on it. The Evil Queen's palm formed a magical ball of fire, causing Teresa's heart to practially stop within her chest. With a sinister smile, the Evil Queen threw it and Snow White was engulfed in flames.

"No," Teresa and Ruby whispered in unison while clutching onto each other's hands, tears forming in their eyes.

─────

They had long since left the Dark Palace, only to find themselves camped in the middle of the woods with a roaring fire being their only source of light. Not that Teresa cared if their was light anyway. She sat furthest away from the group, staring off into space with a blank expression on her face. She was numb all over, her heart no longer filled with the happiness it always was filled with when in Snow's presence. Her tears had ceased to exist, her seeming to be completely empty. Snow White had been like her family since Teresa's abandoned her.

Teresa looked up from the fire when she heard a howl in the distance. It was Ruby, running in her wolf form in order to take pain out since running always helped her calm down. But Teresa didn't know if Ruby would calm down this time. This time it was too much, for they have actually lost Snow. They always thought they could protect their raven-haired friend the Evil Queen, but unfortunately they failed.

Teresa was pulled from her thoughts when Prince James lunged toward Hook and Emma, shouting, "Wait!"

Teresa furrowed her eyebrows as she watched the scene, confused. What did I miss?

"Don't harm that thing. When we were coming to rescue you and Teresa, Snow told me what her dust would do to the Queen. She said it would turn her into a form that could easily be squashed."

Teresa perked up as she watched the prince pick up the ladybug from Emma's shoulder. It was then that she realised what they have been discussing while she was thinking about Snow White.

"A bug."

"You think Snow turned herself into that?" Asked Emma.

Teresa smiled and jumped to her feet. She moved towards the prince, looking down at the ladybug that rested in his palm. "If she timed it right, she could have escaped that fireball and faked her death, flown away."

The bug suddenly flew from Prince James' hand and onto the back of Teresa's. Teresa lifted her hand and looked at the ladybug with a teary smile, knowing in her heart that the ladybug on her knuckle was in fact her friend. Her family. "W-We need to find a way to bring her back," Teresa said. In response, the ladybug buzzed.