THIRTY-FOUR ➳ OPERATION MONGOOSE, PT. 1

╔═════ ═════╗
CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR
OPERATION MONGOOSE, PT. 1
╚═════ ═════╝

TERESA SAT NEXT TO HENRY AS SHE FLIPPED THROUGH YET ANOTHER ONE OF THE BLANK STORY BOOKS INSIDE THE SORCERER'S MANSION

TERESA SAT NEXT TO HENRY AS SHE FLIPPED THROUGH YET ANOTHER ONE OF THE BLANK STORY BOOKS INSIDE THE SORCERER'S MANSION. With her and Henry were also Emma, Snow, David, Hook, Regina, and even Robin Hood. As Teresa tossed yet another empty book off to the side and grabbed another, Regina let out a groan that drew all eyes to her.

"Nothing," she said. "They're all still blank. Whatever the Author is writing, it's not appearing in the books. This is useless."

Robin placed his gentle hand on Regina's arm to sooth her anger. "Easy. This is not your fault."

"Even so, tomorrow, thanks to Gold and the Author, I can wake up a talking frog."

"At least you'll wake up," Hook said. "I don't doubt whatever the Dark One has in store for me is a far worse fate."

"Well, there's no use speculating what he wants. We just need to stop it. And if there's nothing useful here, we need to move on, find something else that can help," David said.

Suddenly, a new voice spoke. "I might know just the thing." They all turned and found a smiling August walking into the secret library of the mansion.

"August." David looked at him confusion. "I thought you didn't know anything more about the Author?"

"He doesn't," Emma said. "But he knows someone who does. That's why I called him here."

"Who?" Snow asked.

"The man who gave him his power...The Apprentice. I met him once when I was living in Phuket. He was the one who told me about the story book and that I should learn everything about it."

"If he was in Storybrooke, could you find him?"

"Well, I haven't seen him," August replied as he pulled out a handdrawn sketch of a man with long hair and a beard. "But...that's what he looks like."

Both Teresa and Hook perked up, their lips parting in shock..

"I know this man," Hook confessed.

"So do I," Teresa muttered. From beside her, Henry looked at her with confused eyes, as did Snow.

Emma looked between both Teresa and Hook in shock. "You do?"

"More importantly, I know exactly where to find him," Hook said.

As they gathered their coats and began to follow Hook out of the mansion, Snow appeared at Teresa's side. "Teresa, how do you know him?" she asked.

"I met him once when I stealing bread. I was only nine. He paid not only for the bread but for an entire meal for me. He told me that if I didn't eat I wouldn't have the strength to keep myself going to meet him."