SEVENTEEN ➳ FALL

╔═════ ═════╗
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN
FALL
╚═════ ═════╝

INSIDE THE CLOCK TOWER, ELSA STOOD LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW WITH A PAIR OF BINOCULARS AGAINST HER EYES

INSIDE THE CLOCK TOWER, ELSA STOOD LOOKING OUT THE WINDOW WITH A PAIR OF BINOCULARS AGAINST HER EYES. Behind her stood Henry, Emma, Regina, Snow, David, Hook, Grumpy and Teresa, the latter having returned to the apartment the last night after leaving the ice cave.

"Belle was right. My aunt is actually doing this." Elsa handed the binoculars off to someone else so they could get a look at the dark shimmering clouds in the distance.

Snow took them and peered through the lenses. "The spell of shattered sight."

David grabbed them next. "We open the mines and the vault. We take shelter there."

"This is magic. It doesn't care about ceilings. It's started."

"How long?" Teresa asked as Regina took the binoculars from David's outstretched hand.

The former Evil Queen peered through them. "By sundown. By sundown, everyone in this town will start...tearing each other apart."

"Okay. The answer is simple. Let's not be in town."

Grumpy's eyebrows furrowed. "Last time I checked there's an ice wall surrounding the town."

Teresa rolled her eyes at the dwarf. "Last time I checked there's four people with magic standing right here."

"Yes, but with our magic not being at full power right now with these ribbons on, our magic, even combined, won't be enough to take down the wall. It's far too big," Elsa said.

Teresa sighed. "Then what were you exactly suggesting Emma?"

"We climb it."

It didn't take them long to get to the edge of town; the group of eight peered up at the large ice wall

"Hardly an elegant solution," Regina muttered.

"Nothing wrong with brute force if it works."

"If we can get over, we can build a frame, take people over one at a time," Grumpy said.

David stepped forward with a pick axe in his hand and a large rope on his shoulder. Snow gently touched his arm, her voice full of worry, "David, be careful."

He gave her a soft smile before moving toward the wall. When in front of it, he looked up at the height before swinging the pick axe into the ice. However it couldn't even make x onrasct with it, as the ice wall defended itself by throwing David back and building itself higher.

Teresa's eyebrows shot up as Emma and Snow ran over to help David up.

"You okay?"

"David?"