FIFTY-ONE ➳ SWAN SONG

╔═════ ═════╗
CHAPTER FIRTY-ONE
SWAN SONG
╚═════ ═════╝

AFTER REGAINING THEIR MEMORIES, EMMA HAD LEFT, DEAD SET ON STOPPING HOOK AND CURING HIM OFF THE DARKNESS THAT SHE PLACED WITHIN HIM

AFTER REGAINING THEIR MEMORIES, EMMA HAD LEFT, DEAD SET ON STOPPING HOOK AND CURING HIM OFF THE DARKNESS THAT SHE PLACED WITHIN HIM. Emma's steps were long, determined strides as she moved down the middle of the road. They had to almost jog to keep up with her. Above them, shining, was the moon. The entire town was silent, in exception of their feet moving against the pavement.

"Emma, slow down," David said. "We need to talk about this. We need a plan."

"The plan is find Hook before he resurrects all of the Dark Ones. You think dealing with one is bad."

"He can resurrect every Dark One?" Teresa asked with wide eyes.

"Yes."

Suddenly, the dwarves were joining them. "There's more than one Dark One?!"

"It's a long story," David replied.

"Well, no matter. There's seven of us."

"Six." Happy corrected Leroy. "Dopey's still a tree."

"We may be down a dwarf, but we're ready to fight."

"You won't have to. I'm going to take care of this."

"You think you can talk him out of this?" David asked.

"There's no talking. We have to hit him with everything we've got."

"Why? It's not his fault he turned out like this," Teresa said, shooting Emma a glare. "He didn't want to become the Dark One."

Emma sighed. She knew it would be a while before Teresa approved of her presence being around. "But he did because of me. None of that matters anymore."

Suddenly, Emma came to a stop and whipped around to face them, causing them to stop. "Regina's right. We need to hit him with everything."

Snow stared at her daughter in disbelief. "This is a man you loved."

Emma frowned, her eyes saddening. "That man died back in Camelot. Now all there is, is the Dark One. So, no matter how hard this might be...we need to split up, find him, and stop him...no matter what it takes."

Teresa didn't hesitate to pair up with Henry as everyone went off in sets of two — in exception of the dwarves — to find Hook.

They walked in silence down the street, their eyes sweeping over every inch of the town for any sign of him.

"You know, my mom is starting to change."

Teresa rolled her eyes. "I'll believe that when I see it."

Henry caught her wrist, causing her to stop walking. "She proved it to me, Teresa. She just wants this all to end, she's returning back to the old Emma."