FOURTEEN ➳ THE SNOW QUEEN, PT. 2

CHAPTER FOURTEEN; THE SNOW QUEEN, PT

CHAPTER FOURTEEN; THE SNOW QUEEN, PT. 2

TERESA SAT NEXT TO ELSA in the station, looking at a book of Arendelle, learning about her family's kingdom, while Elsa searched for more information on Anna with the help of Emma.

Emma walked over and placed a book down in-between them. "Belle found something in here...a spell. It may be able to work against the Snow Queen."

Teresa's eyes widened. "You don't mean kill her?!"

Emma quickly shook her head. "No. No one's killing anyone. It's just to neutralize her powers. Maybe."

"Maybe?!" Teresa exclaimed. "Listen, I just got my mom back so I'm not letting you, or anybody for that matter, kill her."

Emma placed her hand on the young blondes shoulder. "No one will kill her Teresa, you have my word." Teresa stared at her for a moment before nodding and releasing a breath.

"Can you read this?" Elsa asked, stroking the page of the book she was reading.

"Elvish? No, I didn't even see Lord of The Rings," Emma replied.

"Lord of the what?" Teresa asked, both her and Elsa utterly confused by her response.

"It's a — Never mind. Belle translated it. It tells us how to enact the spell." She handed Elsa a piece of paper with Belle's handwriting.

"With both hands, hold the candle and then use your magic to light it. And then when you blow on it..."

"Then bam, she's right back to selling ice cream. My guess is business will be down."

"Maybe without her powers we can talk to her. We can find Anna. We can get some real answers," Elsa said.

"Does your sister have magic?" Teresa asked.

"No, and I think that's why your mother is so interested in Emma," Elsa replied, standing from her chair.  "Does anyone in your family have magic?"

"No," Emma answered.

"It's hard when they look at you differently, isn't it?" Elsa asked.

Emma shrugged. "They don't."

"You're lucky," Elsa smiled sadly. "Okay. Should we try this?"

Emma waved her hand, lighting the candle. She then blew on the flickering candlelight as Elsa held her wrists out. The spell failed; Emma sighed.

"I'm sorry. Should we try again?" Elsa asked.

"Later. I have to meet Mary Margaret. I'm supposed to babysit tonight," Emma replied, placing the candle on the table.

"Life goes on," Elsa said.