FORTY-TWO ➳ THE PRICE, PT. 1

╔═════ ═════╗
CHAPTER FORTY-TWO
THE PRICE, PT. 1
╚═════ ═════╝

CAMELOT WAS AMAZING

CAMELOT WAS AMAZING. The entire castle seemed to be decorated with pieces of gold, and there were even more red banners inside then there was outside. It was like someone would forget Camelot's sigil in it weren't everywhere you could see it.

There were horns being blown by men, as King Arthur and some of his most important Knights descended a large flight of stairs to meet them.

"Wow," Henry said, awestruck.

"Wow is right," David said.

"I am so not dressed for this," Snow muttered.

Teresa snorted. "You look fine, Snow."

"Am not, I have no dress."

Teresa rolled her eyes. "You don't need a dress to look good."

"His Royal Highness, King Arthur," said one of the Knights of Camelot.

King Arthur smiled. "And now allow me to introduce the loveliest creature in all of Camelot...my Queen, Guinevere." He gestured his hands to the stairs as a beautiful brunette woman in a maroon dressed walked down to meet them.

All of them bowed as soon as Queen Quinevere reached the bottom step. "Your Majesty," Snow beamed.

"The pleasure is ours," Guinevere said with a smile as she held her husbands hand. "We have been awaiting your arrival from the moment we heard Merlin's prophecy."

"Well, we hope you haven't been waiting too long," David said.

"Only a decade or so."

Teresa's eyebrows shot up; David chuckled. "Ah, sorry."

"I'll wager it's been worth the wait. And as a bonus, it's given us more than enough time to prepare a ball in your honor tonight."

Teresa inwardly groaned. She hated having to dress up and attend a ball.

"Oh, see, told you we should come," Leroy said giddily. "Look what we've been missing out on."

"I like any party I don't have to cater," Granny muttered.

"So do we," Leroy agreed.

"Is this really necessary?" Zelena groaned, her voice low as she spoke to Regina. But due to Teresa being right beside her, she heard, along with a few only also near Zelena and Regina.

"You're lucky you're not locked in Granny's freezer," Regina said.

"Take it off." Zelena glared at her sister. "Or I tell Arthur he just welcomed the Dark One into his..."

With a wave of her hand, Zelena suddenly couldn't talk. Regina smirked and pressed her finger to her ear. "What's that, sis? I can't hear you. No here knows who we are, and it's gonna stay that way. So you can either behave and pretend to be my mute handmaiden or go back to Granny's where you can rely on Doc for prenatal care."