Day 9: Disaster Movie

"Red when do you think this'll end?" Red looked around us at the approaching darkness.

"Extremely soon. The darkness is your conscious self trying to wake you, but your body would protest causing the flat lining panic out in the real world." I nod again as I hear Chris start to talk.

"Today is a disaster movie challenge. It'll be fun watching them try to survive what we have planned to do to them." I giggle. 

Later I hear someone being carted in and I hear the moaning of...Owen? 

"So In the first challenge Owen busted his jaw, which you might have heard, but he's better now. The rest of the crew nearly drowned in the second challenge, but Harold saved the day and I still get a pay check." He chuckles. He then falls silent as a grip on my hand appears. "I asked the doctor, he said you might be waking up soon, but he's unsure. I'm really worried, with your occasional spasms and the even more often flat line panics. Please wake up soon." He said with concern. 

I blink as I open my eyes and look around to see the dark tent I was in. The med-bay was empty as the only sound I could hear was the beeping of the heart monitor next to me. I felt a soft throbbing in my right eye and reached to touch it pulling away a liquid to realize it was blood. 

I guess this is how it turns red. But more importantly...

I'm awake.