Day 17: Mystery Movie

We were all chilling in the tent eating Breakfast tacos as I sat next to Leshawna and Beth. We were discussing the fact that we've been having Mexican themed breakfast. Then Harold finds a flash drive in his taco. I pull out the phone I had happened to find this morning and we check what's on the drive.

"I hope you all had a filling breakfast. It was so delish! I was practically on cloud nine! I could have had a dozen of them. Ha-ha! But enough of about breakfast. It's time to 86 this combination. Ah, I mean, conversations." He's in the safe from the bank heist challenge. I think as the others discuss his weird behavior. "Right now I'm going to relax in a nice safe and secure place and get ready for today's challenge. You're probably wondering what the challenge is. It will remain a mystery until you find me. Hopefully you'll clue in an track me down. But in the meantime, I'm going to crack open a soda and relax. See ya!" The message then ends.

"Unless there's a killer reward, I'm not going to bother finding Chris. I could use a day off from that wiener," Duncan said as Harold nodded.

"I'm with Duncan. Let Chris wait for us."

/"Mystery movies are one of my favorites. I love trying to solve the case before anyone else and it's always entertaining to watch the slight romance brewing. My favorites are when the detective falls for the killer and they have to find a way to prove their love's innocence before the real killer comes for them both." I smile thinking about it.\

"Yeah, but maybe is we find Chris, he'll have some kind of surprise. Who doesn't love surprises? I think he was giving us hints. He said he was on cloud nine. That's like Heaven, which means he's not alive any more. What do you do with dead people? you bury them. So maybe he's buried underground. Maybe we should dig and see if we find him." I blink at Lindsay's reasoning, but she had a point.

"Ah, we could. The only problem is, that makes zero sense."

"Lindsay is correct." Everyone looks at me like I'm crazy. "Well, with him giving us hints and the first number in the combination being nine. He's currently waiting for us in a safe that was used during the bank heist challenge. Great job on picking up on the clues," I say with a smile getting up to head to the bank heist challenge.

We arrive at the set and I begin putting the combination in and open it revealing Chris with a detective's hat, a brief case, and a licorice pipe.

"Thanks for freeing me. Now it's time for mystery movie day. I've got a challenge for each of you. Tonight, you're going to meet me at the train station set."

"I have a train set in my garage at home. It runs on solar power." Harold piped in.

"Fascinating! But first, I require full fingerprints, and DNA samples from each competitor. So each competitor has to gather evidence from any one of the other competitors. Which means, it's in your interest to prevent the other guy from getting your deits. Go pack an overnight bag and get me my clues."

We all separate as Duncan and I are in the trailer.

"Hey, Duncan, can I get your fingerprints and a DNA sample?" I ask looking at him from across the room where he was busy shaping wood with his knife. He looks up at me and raises a brow.

"Did you really think just asking would work?" I get up and go over to him catching his attention and look up at him with big puppy dog eyes despite one of my eyes being covered by my bang.

"Can I please have you fingerprints and a DNA sample?" His eyes widen as a bit of blood drips from his nose. He presents me his hand. I smile sweetly as I take his prints and wipe the blood from his nose as a DNA sample. I peck his cheek and giggle. "Thanks." I then leave planning on getting more then just Duncan's.