Day 21: Animal Buddy Movie

When I returned, I noticed Duncan was missing. I shrugged it off and changed into my pj's before going to sleep. 

The next morning I woke up early like I always do and noticed Duncan still wasn't there. I again shrugged it off and went on my morning jog.

At breakfast I sat at the opposite table eating what the others thought was scrambled eggs.

"So Courtney, you and Duncan huh?" I perk up at this looking over to Beth and Courtney.

"Yeah, it was nice to finally work things out between us. We didn't keep you up, did we?"

"Nah."

/"So Courtney and Duncan are together? Like they're a couple?" I bite my lip and then sigh.\

Duncan enters looking exhausted.

"Hey, Babe!"

"Duncan! I thought we agreed, only I would engage in the use of pet names. It's right there on page 3."

"Section 5."

"You promised to memorise that letter!"

"I will, I will, I'm just really tired right now. Aren't you?"

"Don't worry, I forgive you, just like I forgave the other 316 minor transgressions I outlined in my letter, but I expect you to memorise that letter so it doesn't happen again!"

"Anything for you, babe... Courtney."

"You may hold me now."

"Cool."

I look away and keep eating.

"Attention, cast!" Chris enters with a parrot on his shoulder.

"Dude, what's with the flying rat on your shoulder?"

"That's my new BFFF, Best Flying Friend Forever. That brings us to today's movie genre, the animal buddy flick!" I smile happily.

/"To be honest, I love animal buddy flicks. It's just something with the way to seperate species can get along so well and form a bond that lasts forever."\

"The hallmark of animal buddy flicks is human/animal bonding. First the human and the animal start out as enemies, then through many misadventures, animal and human grow to care about each other and become fast friends." The parrot rubs against Chris who then pets the parrot, but before the parrot could think of biting  Chris I let my red eye show just a bit scaring the bird into complicity. "The first animal buddy movie challenge will be to pick an animal and teach it to be just like you. That shouldn't be to hard, since you're all animals!" I giggle softly at the pun. "The cast member whose animal most resembles them at the end wins the challenge!"

We all meet up back at the trailer as Courtney is hanging off of Duncan.

"Alright cast, time to meet your future BFFFFFs, Best Furry Feathered or Finned Friends Forever!" Chef reveals a shark, wolf, chameleon, and a raccoon. "Pick an animal and get training. You have three hours."

"I got the shark, the sharks mine. Yes!" Courtney says going for the shark and then leaving.

"I'll take the chameleon, in tribute to my beloved reptilian friend Scruffy."

"Scruffy was actually a arachnid, but lovely tribute. I'll take the wolf." I leave and enter an seperate area releasing the wolf who in turn sat in front of me and looked at me. I sat on a tree and looked back.

"What can I teach you? I mean being me isn't that difficult. Just be completely shy and hide most of the time inside my hood also I blush a lot." I blush after saying that. We sit there for quite a while together just listening to the sounds around us.

We meet with the others as Chris and Chef where the judges. Courtney was a beat up and her shark was missing.

"Alright cast, time to judge the animal buddies."

"Courtney, you look terrible," Beth said as she looked to Courtney.

"You should see the other guy."

"Beth, you and your racoon are up!"

"Sorry, Chris, I was totally unable to teach my racoon anything." The two then mimic each other. "Oh no, I lost my retainer." The two then search through the garbage and find it earning them a ten.

"Kaylub," I lower my head. "Ten." I look up and tilt my head. "If I could give you and eleven I would." I look to my wolf who looks back up at me and we both smile to each other.

Duncan gets his chameleon to match his mohawk which earns him an eight as Courtney serves Sashimi which actually came from her buddies stomach.

"Points have been tallied. The winners of the first challenge are Kaylub and Beth." We both celebrate in our own ways.

We get on a bus with our buddies and then are dropped off into the woods.

"Here we are gang. Don't you just love field trips?"

"The woods again?"

"Your next challenge is to find your way back to the film lot. A ten mile hike through these woods using only your animal buddies to guide you. But be careful. Several vicious and life-threatening traps have been set up along the way."

"Who would do such a thing?" Beth asked as I point to Chris.

"Me! First one back wins invincibility. Both Kaylub and Beth get to shave 30 minutes off their final time for winning the first challenge. Everyone ready?"

"Wait, where's Courtney?" Duncan asked.

"She's with her animal." He laughs. "See you all back at the film lot and good luck." He then leaves as I bounce up into a tree and watch my wolf buddy bound off in the direction of the camp. 

I follow him through the trees giving warnings when I notice a trap causing us to change direction a few times, but soon enough we arrive back at the lot.

"Kaylub and his wolf are the first to arrive. Nice one." Beth arrives soon after.

"Where is everyone?" Beth asked as I look around.

"Sure they'll be here any minute." It's been two days. "Any... minute... now."

"Maybe we should send out a search party-"

"And here they come now!" Courtney arrives shivering due to PDA withdrawal and Duncan arrives all Lord of The Flies like shooting a rock at Beth's head. "Welcome back cast, better late than never. Kaylub easily won the challenge, which means... invincibility! Kaylub gets a free pass into the final three. The question is, who will join him? And who will be the next to leave? There's only one place to find out, at the most exciting Gilded Chris ceremony ever."

Duncan shots Beth with a tranq before Courtney kisses him awakening him from his state. She then leaves before I go over to him.

"It seems you and your chameleon got along really well." He blinks confused at I point to his head. His chameleon then reveals himself.

"You mean he's been here all along?" He then passes out.

At the Gilded Chris awards I sit with Beth.

"This is a big one, cast. Kaylub is safe from elimination, which means the rest of you are fair game. So, sharpen those claws and cast your votes. Someone is going home for the last time." I vote for Courtney. "The Gilded Chris goes to Kaylub, Duncan... and Beth. Courtney everyone voted for you so bye-bye."

We watch her leave.

"Duncan, Kaylub, Beth, the final three. One of you will become a millionaire, the others will not. Tune in to our most controversial episode ever of "Total Drama Action"!" 

"Hey, Beth?" She looks at me as I give her a smile. "Can I sleep in the girls trailer with you?"

"Why?"

"Well... I thought you'd might like the company." She then rushes over to me and hugs me.

"You're the most sweetest boy I've ever met. Of course you can sleep with me in the girls trailer." We both head over to the trailers together.