Day 20: Sci-Fi Movie

By the time I returned back to the trailers, after getting changed and donning back on my signature black coat, the others were already awake in the middle of the night. Chris and Chef were wearing the caveman setup.

"Each of you has received one special item sent to you from the outside world, which by now must feel like a distant planet." He tosses each of us a box as I open mine to see a dress. I blush.

/"Mom you could have sent anything else, but you send me a dress... and not any dress." I show the dark purple princess dress. "I wore this dress when we went to my mother's fundraiser. I danced with a sweet latino boy who complimented me on my dress. At the end of the night, he kissed me on my hand all prince like. It was the first time I blushed." I smile at the memory.\

I go to the trailer and hide the dress away.

"Kaylub, what did you get?"

"Oh, just a little trinket." I say noticing that Beth has a candy ring, Duncan has a tarantula named scruffy, Courtney has a photo, and Harold has nunchucks.

"Alright gang, time to blast off to the great unknown. Everyone knows that a good outer space movie has three things in common. One, the zero gravity is always a trip. Two, the G-force is a killer. And three, everything is recycled in space including number one and number two." Everyone has their own reactions. "Which brings us to our first challenge. I'll meet you at the "Thrill Ride" set in ten minutes."

We arrive at the set as Scruffy is still with us. "The way to achieve zero gravity is to fly a jet on a parabolic course, with large vertical climbs and even larger vertical drops. But with the price of jet fuel today, we're going to simulate the effect on this makeshift space shuttle. Which will hit the optimum speed needed to keep you all in a perpetual state of zero gravity."

"Is that thing even up to code?"

"Your first outer space challenge will be to spend the rest of the night on the shuttle sleeping in zero gravity conditions."

"That doesn't sound so tough," Duncan says as we all enter the ship.

"You all might want to hold something that's bolted down 'cause we're almost ready to launch! Five, four, three, two, one. Blast off!" We all scream at the initial force of being sent off. 

Soon we're all floating in zero gravity.

"Alright, astronauts. It's going to be a long night, better get some sleep. If you can." I fall asleep instantly while the others play around.

"This is Houston and you have a problem. You've been hit by an asteroid. And your guidance system is toast."

"We have to manually override the navigations system. Harold get to the joystick!" I shout as Duncan throws Harold to the console. Then a crash sounds as we all see that a window had broken.

"Uh-oh! Looks like you have a hole in your fuselage. Ha-ha. You have two minus ten minutes to plug the hole or you'll run out of precious oxygen." I rush over and grab Scruffy who is attached to a pillow.

"Woah there, gotcha little guy." The girls plug the hole with two pillows saving us all.

When we finally landed, everyone fell out except Beth and I. I climb down as Beth waits.

"Well, Harold. Aren't you going to offer to help me down?"

"Wasn't planning on it."

We get up as Duncan pets Scruffy.

"Thanks for saving him."

"I wasn't going to just let your pet fly out of a high speed ride." He smiles at me as I blush a bit.