Chapter 2

BEEP BEEP BEEP

ugh I absolutely HATE school. All I do is plug in my head phones and not even pay attention. I would call myself the best student.

Well hi. My name is Skylar. Skylar brown. Let's just say that my life hasn't been easy. Everyone at my school is either rich, has a lot of friends, has a boyfriend, and always has the cutest clothes. Me on the other hand, doesn't have and aren't those things.

"SKYLAR WE HAVE TO GO" my mom screams. My mom drives me to school everyday. Yes I have my License but I can't afford a car for myself and neither can my mom. She works at a nurse at the closest hospital but always spends her money on food, taxes, and the bills to our 'house'. Which is a small double leveled house.

We used to live in a huge house where all my let's say ex- best friends lived. We had to move because we couldn't afford it anymore. My mom was trying to save it but she couldn't by herself. It was just her and me, my dad left when I was 5. I always ask my mom what happened and where did he go but she will never tell me.

I take off my pajamas and get dressed. I put on some ripped jeans and maroon crop top and put my hair in a high ponytail, and then added some mascara and concealer, then I grab my schoolwork/homework that I didn't do off of my bed and ran downstairs.

"You have to eat breakfast" my mom says. But she knows what I'm going to say "mom, I'm not hungry" I lied. I'm starving. But then I thought of the people at my school. They would all call me either 'fat' Or 'a slut' even though I'm still a virgin.

I go outside to get in the car and I see a moving van next to my house, the houses next door to ours is huge, and usually we never see the neighbors by us. I get in the car and see a boy walking in and out of the houses with a ton of boxes. He has perfect brown hair with some curls, a beautiful lazy eye, very tall, and a scar on his right cheek. I smiled and realized he looked my age and I might actually make a friend. My mom gets in and distracts me from my staring.

"He's cute isn't he, I saw him earlier and talked to his parents. They seem very nice" my mom says while she smiles and drives out of the driveway. "He isn't cute" again I lie. He is probably the most attractive boy I have ever seen. "I know that you think he's cute. I should invite them over for dinner tonight" she snickers. "MOM NO" I shout, because I know I will embarrass myself.

"Too late I already invited them earlier. They said they have a 18 year old son named Shawn and a 13 year old daughter named Aaliyah, you should get to know them" maybe she was right. I did need to make some more friends.

I walk into school and see my best friend April. I have no idea how she has put up with me all these years but I still love her. "What's up bitch" she says while I put my stuff away in my locker. "Well hello to you too" I say as I start walking to my first period. "Did you see the new guy" she whispers on my ear "he is hot with a capital H" she laughs as I just keep walking trying to ignore the people around me. I hate my smile. "Ok April, you go and try to get him like you do to every guy" I snap.

But then I realize what I just said, but I guess it's true. Guys want her for the sex and then leave her, and she knows it's true. "Fine, maybe I will" she says "you know I didn't mean-" "I know what you meant, it's fine. I'm going to be late to class. Bye" she turns and walks away "I love yo-" and the bell rings and cuts me off so she couldn't hear a word I said.

"Ms. Brown get to class! One more warning and I call your parents!" She yells out of the office. "Fine, have fun contacting the people that are never there for me" I yell as a walk away.

I turn around and knock head with someone in the hall and drop all of my stuff. I look up and see him "I'm so sorry hun I didn't see you". I thought 'he called me hun' . I got this weird feeling in my stomach and I recognized it. Oh no. I do like him, I can't like him. Because of what happened last summer

"You're name is Shawn right?" I ask trying not to sound like a stalker. "Yes. I'm Shawn, Shawn Mendes. What's you're name?" He asks "I'm Skylar" I said quietly. I'm very shy. "Well nice to meet you Skylar, I'll see you around" and with that he left.

But I should've known that that wouldn't be the only time he left. And not in a good way.

This took SO long to write because I've never wrote a book before😅 LOL. I'll update probably tomorrow or a few days after that because I have school! Ughhhh. Well anyways
Peace!✌🏻
907 words