Chapter 9

A/n: ok ok ok.... I said to my friend. Another shoutout to laholes !!!! That we needed something exiting. Like a new song or something. BUT I DID NOT MEAN A LIVE ALBUM. A AWARD SHOW (where he is nominated for 5! PROUD) anddd.. he's performing there!?!?!? My heart wants to jump out of my chesttt. AHHH

Skylars POV

Me and Shawn are now in his black Jeep. Me feeling 100% relaxed and calm. Which is surprising because my stomach is always turning or has butterflies. Maybe this is a good sign though.

As 'use somebody' come to a close. A new song that I am very familiar with. 'Dive' by Ed Sheeran. I love this song. I thought. I start to softly sing along.

"I could fall, or I could fly
Here in your aeroplane
And I could live, I could die
Hanging on the words you say
And I've been known to give my all
And jumping in harder than
Ten thousand rocks on the lake"
Shawn looks and me and smiles and he starts to sing along to the chorus with me.
"So don't call me baby
Unless you mean it
Don't tell me you need me
If you don't believe it
So let me know the truth
Before I dive right into you"

We keep singing the lyrics for the whole song. And he has a beautiful voice. He sounds like a angel, and I can tell that he likes to do it. "You have a pretty voice" Shawn says, he looks at me and smiles. "Are you kidding me?" I laugh, his smiling face turns into a serious face. Almost like I just yelled at him. "What do you mean" he wonders. Oh boy. I don't think he knows it. "Shawn you have a beautiful voice. Like you could be famous" I smile again. He laughs and looks back at the road. "I could never make it in the music industry. I love singing, but I'm not that good" he sighs. "Well, if I could sing and I loved to do it. I wouldn't think for a second to even try Sharing it with the world" I say.

we arrive at the mall, and I thought about homecoming. I don't even have a date for next weekend, I don't have a dress, and I really don't have a friend to go with. So why should I go? It seems boring anyways. "I have to get Some clothes for this weather! It's freezing!" He shivers in the cold Canada weather. "A lot different from California huh?" I say sarcastically and laughing. My whole closet it sweatshirts, pants, etc. it barely ever gets warm up here. Especially in the winter. "I have to get like a whole new wardrobe" he laughs "I only have like shorts and T-shirt's". We walk into the mall, Shawn swinging his keys around his finger not know what to say.

We end up going to adidas, Nike, Macy's, H&M, forever 21, Kohl's, and caribou. Shawn got a ton of sweaters, sweatshirts, long sleeve T-shirt's and pants. After getting his new clothes for the cold winter of Canada we are currently in, we go to caribou and get some coffee. As we are sitting at one of the tables in Caribou I feel some eyes staring at me. I look up and Shawn is stopped frozen staring at me.

"Can I ask you a question?" He nervously asks. "Of course" I smile, why does he look so nervous? "Um, so ya know the homecoming game/dance next weekend?" He try's to say without mumbling. "I was wondering if-Uh maybe you wanted to go? With me?" He looks down. "Are you asking me to be you're date?" I say with no emotion. "Uh ya? I know it's stupid I just thoug-" I cut him off. "Yes" the second I say that his eyes light up and he looks at me.

"You want to go with me?" He tilts his head laughing. "I mean, I don't have anyone to go with, so yes. I will go with you" I smile back as we stand up and head to the Jeep.

I think fuck what am I going to wear? I didn't plan on going but i didn't want to turn him down. When we are walking out of the mall it is dead silent again, with only the sound of us breathing.

We get in the Jeep and he suddenly speaks up. "You don't have to go with me ya know? Don't say yes only cause you feel bad or something" he stares at the road sighing. "Here's one thing you should know about me. When I say I mean something, or if I say yes. I'm not lying, and you should know that I won't lie to you, even if you've know me for like 2 days" I laugh, we have only known each other for 2 days. But it doesn't feel like that. It feels like we've know each other for years.

He pulls up in his driveway and he gets out and says bye and thanks to me. I walk across the grass to my house and open my front door. I walk straight up to my room and plopped down on my bed. And then I thought again. He's nice, caring, sweet and so much more. His eyes could light up the sky, and that smile.

Oh that smile.

That smile does things to me.

Kinda a short chapter, but I needed to keep this book going. THANKS FOR 206 READS!!!! Like holy crapppp. I'm going back home to MINNESOTA tomorrow. I miss my friends so much🤧 but anyways. I probably won't update for a week because when I get back I'm gonna have A LOT of homework. Stupid high school.
Again thankyou
Peace✌🏻
977 words