Chapter 14

Skylars POV

Shawn went home last night, he told me how much he wanted to stay to make sure I don't harm myself again. But I just wanted to be alone, I lied. I also lied if I said he was a bad kisser, because he was incredible. I just want to kiss him 24/7.

I wake up to the smell of my moms cooking downstairs. She usually never cooks breakfast for me. Isn't she supposed to be working too?

I get up and go wash my face and bloody arms from last night. I look at all of the scars that I have on my arms, and thighs, I call them my battle scars it now shows me how strong I really am. I get dressed in some sweatpants and one of shawns big shirts that he left here, I can smell his cologne as I am wearing it. I also would be lying if I said he doesn't smell good. Because he smells like a dream. I throw my hair into a messy bun and walk downstairs.

I look down at the stairs so I don't fall, "Hey mom I thought you had to work...Shawn?". He turned around holding a spatula i his hands smiling. I noticed he has some loose sweatpants seeing the liner of his boxers, and no shirt. Jeez, is he like a body builder or something? "Why are you here?" I wonder. "Do you want me to leave?" he raises a eyebrow and continues cooking. "Nope I'm good" the last thing I want is for him to leave. "I hope you don't mind, you're mom asked me
To stay the night, she had a long work shift". "Where did you sleep?" Right as I say that he chuckles. "The couch, but I didn't sleep there all night" he turns around with a smile plastered on his face. "My mom would kill you if she found out that you and me were in the same bed!"

"Hey? What can I say, you're bed looked comfy, couch didn't"

"And by the way, Nice shirt" he smirks. "Oh sorry, I can give it back to you hope o-", "no, it's ok. You look better in it than me". He turns back around so he doesn't burn the pancakes that he is making, he told me he is known for burning things. How do you burn rice? I walk up behind him with and wrap my arms around his torso with him still focusing on the pancakes. "Thankyou for last night, really" I kissed his toned back and stand there hugging him. He finished off the pancakes and put them on the plate. He turned around now facing me and picked me up, and set me on the table with him in-between my legs. "Anytime" he whispers and slowly leans in. I put my arms around his neck and touch my lips to his. This is only the 2nd time we have kissed, but I just can't get enough of him, he's like a drug.

As we continue our kissing I hear a click in the door, and we pull back. My mom walks through the door. "Mom? I thought you weren't supposed to get home until late" I scarily say, oh no, I'm dead. "Not a busy day I guess, but you guys seemed busy" she smirks and winks at me. "You guys keep doing what you are doing, I'm going to take a bath" she walks past me and whispers in my ear "I told you so",With Shawn still in between my legs. "I-i should go" Shawn mutters. "oooo is shawny boy embarrassed" I say in a little kid tone. "Absolutely not". "Then show me you're not mendes" where is this confidence coming from? "Will do Brown" he shrugs and leans in again, leaving me feeling like I'm on top of the world once again.

*1 hour later*

Shawn left after we ate breakfast. He really is amazing. I clean up and put the dishes in the dishwasher. I hear the noises of footsteps upstairs and my mom coming down the stairs. Oh no, are you really going to talk about this right now. "Mom I'm not in the mood" I say as she walks past me giving me the 'explain' face. "Hey" she puts her hand up "I didn't say anything". Her quietness is scary, usually she would be like 'Skylar you are grounded!' Or 'so how was it?' Like the awkward mom she is. But silence. "So, is he a good kisser?" Never mind, back to the mom I know. "MOM!" I scream and turn around, I start blushing and she notices. "Awwwww He is isn't he? I knew it! You know since day one, I just had that mother instinct" she acts like she's all smart and knows all about my love life. She knows how bad I got hurt from my ex, she knows about that. I thought that she would be super overprotective. It was very hard on both of us, it always is. "We are just friends mom" I sorta lie, I mean we haven't made it official yet, do I want to?

"You guys said otherwise when I walked in the door this morning, or shall I say showed me. You were biting eachother faces off" she giggles, my mom just want to know everything. I continue washing the dishes as she starts preparing something to eat. "I'm done with this conversation" and I pretend to zip my lips and throw away the key.

"Just be ready when I tell you 'I was right' when you two are married" she stands by me and gives me the 'you know I'm right' look.

I mean, yeah I like him, obviously. But I don't know if I just open myself up so fast and especially when I'm still scared that something like lastime is going to happen, that took forever to get over and I don't want that to happen again.

"Ok, mom. Believe what you want. He's just gonna probably be a fling that will happen for a few months"

Right?

WOAH back to back chapters go me! I know this is a little short but I wanted to do a short little cute chapter to show how Shawn and Skylars relationship is progressing. Thankyou for all of you that have stuck around for this book! Anyways, happy turkey day tomorrow! Love you guys💕
Peace✌🏻
1080 words