Chapter 7

A/n- I had to take an artsy pic of it. IT SMELLS SO GOOD. My mom got mad that I spent $60. But it was so worth itttt.

Shawns POV

Here I am. Holding a girl I've known for hardly a day. And she's crying in my arms. I'm trying to calm her down, all I want is to help her. Whatever she's going through.

"Shhhhh" I rub her back trying to make her stop sobbing. "It's ok...it's ok I'm here" I say. Then I realized that what I just said sounded like I'm her boyfriend or something.

She raises her head trying to say something. All her makeup running down her face. With a soaking shirt.
"I-I'm fine" she says and looks down, trying to say it confidently.

"Look at me" I say and try to get her attention. But she just keeps looking down shaking her head. "Hey. It's ok. Look at me" I say again. Wanting to see her face.

She looks up and I examine her facial features. Beautiful brown hair in a bun. Gorgeous eyes. And a cute little nose. "What are you staring at" she sniffles and wipes her eyes and nose. "You" i say. Staring into her eyes.

"You...you wouldn't understand." She sniffled.

I look around and see pictures on her dresser. She is with someone. And she looks so happy. "Who is that" I ask looking around at all the memories around her room. "Can we not talk about that right now" she sniffles.

"Sure" I look at her again and only see her cuddled up with a blanket crying even more.

"Skylar. Hey it's ok, let me tell you something. Ok?" I say lifting up her chin to look at me.

"I don't know what your thinking. I don't know what your going through. But one thing I do know is that if someone hurt you. They made a huge mistake. Because anyone would be lucky to have you." I say as she is now examining my face.

"I got my heartbroken, and didn't see it coming. at all" She blurts out. "I-I caught him Che-cheating with a girl" she looks at the picture with her and another guy.

"Is that him?" I ask walking over to the picture her following. "Yeah" she says Quietly sighing.

"Why do you still have it in here?" I look at her. If someone who broke you're heart, would you still have a picture with them in your room?

"I don't know, sometimes I look at it and I think about he future. I think about the fun times we used to have. And I look at that, seeing myself looking so happy. And now....I'm just like this, all broken. But I wasn't to see that side of me again, I want that fun Skylar to come out and, see the world. With someone she loves. Do you know what I mean?" She turns and faces me.

"I know exactly what you mean. You don't want to get rid of the past because you want to make it better for the future" I say, she tilts her head and laughs. She hugs me and quietly whispers in my ear 'thankyou'.

Before I head home so my mom isn't worried. I tell her "Hey. Just remember you can come to me for anything. Ok? I promise I'll be here when you need to talk" I say and walk out the door.

And I think about that promise.

I think about that promise and how I'm going to keep it.

Or at least I will try.

It can't be that hard.

Right?

helloooooo!!! Guys I have to tell you something. I know this isn't a big number but it is for a first book/first time writing something. THANKS FOR 130 READS. This is crazyyyyy.
I had to update to keep things going. Again kinda a filler chapter.
I will try to update soon but I'm going on vacation so either this weekend or in a week or so.
AGAIN THANKYOUUU!
Peace✌🏻
653 words