Chapter 4

A/n SO PROUD! 😫🙏🏻 this was insane. Also short filler chapter sorry:(

Skylars POV

I am so embarrassed. I've only known that Shawn kid for not even one day, and I already embarrassed myself . I get out of the car walking into my house and hear my mom doing the laundry upstairs. I try to be quiet so she doesn't hear me walking past the door

But with a mom with the ears of a hawk I don't think that's possible.

"Skylar is that you?!" She yells as I grab the handle of my door knowing she caught me. "Yes.... Mom!" I say without sounding to mad and frustrated.

"Why are you Home so early, how did you get here, are you hurt?!" She scans me looking for anything wrong. I try my best not to let her see my wrists

I love my mom. And if she knew I did it she would blame herself and never forgive herself. I hate myself for doing this to her but with everything going on, school is the last thing I want to do.

"Skylar, why aren't you answering me?"
I could tell she was really getting mad.

"I'm so sorry mom, I really didn't feel good. I threw up in the bathroom, and umm...My friend drove me home and don't worry I just called the nurse and told her I left".

"And what friend is this?"

I was debating if I should have told her it was Shawn. But then again he was coming over for dinner tonight and that will be awkward enough.

"My friend Carly, she's in my umm history class" I lie.

My moms stern look softened a little bit, thank god. I've gotten better at lying.

"Well then why don't you go lay down for a while because the neighbors, the Mendes' are coming over later and I said you would meet them".

I go upstairs to go wash up and try not to freak out about tonight. I couldn't get Shawn out of my head. Oh my god he probably thinks I'm one of those girls who wants attention. What if he hates me and never talks to me? What if he tells my mom? Why was he so sweet to me? Wait why do I care?

This night is gonna suck.