Chapter 16

Shawns POV

"Mom how about this one?" I walk past the long black curtains of the dressing room showing my mom a casual black & white tux I like. "Oh Shawn you look so good in that" she cheers. "Skylars going to like it right?" I ask. That's all I care about. I want to make tomorrow night perfect for us, I know the tough times she has been through recently, but I have something special planned.

Skylars POV

"Skylar homecoming is tomorrow!" Carly groans. Yes, we finally made up, and now she's making me go shopping. Ugh, I don't like shopping. Too many people. (<- okay if this isn't me idk what is)

"Yes I know, and I have the perfect thing" I stand up from my bed and walk into my walk in closet. "Please don't tell me you want to wear the-" Carly says. "You mean this!" I walk out with a long black dress I have had for the past few years. "Sky, you know you can't go fo homecoming with like the hottest guy in the school in that" she takes it from my hands and hangs it back up and closes my closet.

I go back to sitting on my bed doing my biology homework. And Carly walks out of the closet with a smirk on her face. Oh no. "What's this?" She hold up the green large CrossFit hoodie. "I thought you said you were quote 'friends".

"Oh yeah, I bought that last week. You know how much I love large sweatshirts" I laugh nervously. But she knows who's it is. "Is it shawns?" She winks and smirks at me again.

"Yes" I mumble. "I KNEW IT" Carly screams. "I guess I just had the best friend instinct" she flips her hair off of her should and acts all smart.

"Sooo...since you are I guess dating now?" She walks and sits down next to me and closes my laptop. "Is he a good kisser?" She laughs. I glare at her and open up my MacBook again to finish homework. "I'm not saying anything" as I continue typing away at my screen.

"Fine I'll just ask Shawn then, I mean he is just next door" she shrugs and walks out of my room. "CARLY NO!" I scream and run out my bedroom door. I catch her arm just before she walks out the door. I take a long breath "fine, I'll go shopping with you" I have in, and that's what she wanted all along.

"Be ready in 10" she points towards my bedroom door. "What's wrong with the outfit I'm wearing now?".

"You are not going out with me like that, get out of sweatpants and that sweatshir-" she stops and stares at my sweatshirt, oh come on. "Or shall I say? Shawns sweatshirt" she smirks.

"I hate you" I walk up the stairs and her laughing at herself for making me frustrated. "Don't lie to yourself you love me" she yells up the stairs. Don't you just love best friends?

*****

"Come out, I'm sure you don't look that bad in it" I hear Carly from the other side of the store dressing room door.
I open the door and walk out with a unhappy look on my face.

I have always been so insecure about myself. And I jut want us to have fun and not let the emotional, shouting Skylar come out.

"Skylar you look incredible in that!" She screams. And I just turn around to look at myself in the mirror again. I mean, it needs work. But I can do it.
"Really?" And I actually smile for once looking at myself in the mirror. Then Carly comes up behind me. "If you don't buy that, I'll buy it myself".

"Okay fine but I probably can't affor- 300 DOLLARS?!" I yell as I look at the price tag. " Carly I can't afford this, to wear for one day!" I say sadly and go back into the dressing room to change into my jeans, and comfy large sweatshirt.

"Thankyou for helping me look for dresses, but I will not be buying anything today" I say to the worker that helped me find my size. Before we left Carly wanted to look around a little just as I sat on the chair outside the fitting-rooms. I pull out my phone and see that Shawn texted me.

Shawn🎸: hey are you at the mall?

Me: yes.. how did you know?

Shawn🎸: I guess I just have superpowers. And I may or may not of just seen someone that looks like you across the store from mine. Are you getting a dress?

Me: no, I will keep looking, the one I really like is too much.

Shawn🎸: too much huh? Oh that's too bad...

Me: now it's my turn to ask you questions, do you have something to tell me mendes?

Shawn🎸: maybe. Maybe not

I smile at my screen from texting Shawn. And I jump slightly in my seat from a worker tapping my shoulder. "Hello miss" the worker Says. "Sorry to frighten you, but were you the one who wanted to check out the red dress?" She asks as she holds the beautiful dress I tried on.

"Yes, I was going to buy it but it's just too much over my budget" I shrug try to stand up and leave with Carly that was now done shopping. "Wait, hold on" the worker says through ear earpiece. "You wanna follow me miss?" The worker says as she leads me to the front desk as she still has the dress. Just then I see Shawn walk out of the mall from the store we are in. He has the almost evil smirk on his face, and winked and walked out.

"It seems like someone just ordered this online for you miss" as she types away on her computer. "Um..does it say who. I'm not sure who would do that" I say and then it clicks. "Yes, under the name Shawn. Does that sound familiar?" She asks.

That little prick. I can't let him do this. "No..um I'll still look around for something else. Could you send him a refund?" I question. $300 is a lot. I don't need him spending his money on me.

"I can not send refunds I'm sorry. That isn't something we do here. Would you like the dress?" She says as she is about to confirm if I want the dress or not.

"Well..I guess I can't get rid of it" I say to her and she confirms it and hands over the beautiful dress. "Sorry for the inconvenience miss" the worker say as I walk out the door.

Shawn🎸: see you tomorrow👀 p.s your welcome

Okay first off I wanna day I'm sorry for the slow updates. The semester is almost over at it's just all projects and papers and tests. And second of all, Thankyou guys so much for 1k, I literally wanted to cry with laholes because I was so happy. Thankyou for reading this book!
1183 words