Chapter 6

A/n  who's Shawn I only stan RYAN now.

Skylars POV

I noticed right when he said that he looked at me and forgot I couldn't tell my mom. Well... now she knows. Great!

"Wait I thought your friend Carly drove you home?" My mom tilts her head confused as I give Shawn the 'don't say anything else look'.

"I did say that but I didn't want you to worry that a boy is driving me home." I say, knowing the overprotective mom inside is screaming.

"Ok. Well I'll talk to you about this later Skylar. Let's eat!" She smiles and walks to the kitchen, the mendes's following as I see the table with the spaghetti and meatballs.

My stomach growls I'm so hungry. But I start to feel weird in my stomach. "Mom... can I be excused?" I say as my stomach is doing flips again. What is happening?. "What's wrong?" She asks again with the overprotective mom tone.

"My stomach hurts again. I think I am going to go lay down for awhile" I say, my stomach actually does hurt a little this time. But not really the painful way. More like the butterflies in you're stomach way.

"It was nice to meet you sweetheart. I hope you feel better" Karen says and gives me a hug as I walk upstairs.

I go to the bathroom and wash my face to clear my mind. What is happening to me? I met this boy today and I think.. I think I have a crush.

"Shit" I say to myself. I tried to forget all about it. The look on his face. And that day plays back in my head over and over again.

*flashback*

"Dylan do I dress casual, fancy, warm, cold WHAT DO I WEAR!!" I yell at him on the phone. We were just about to go on a date to somewhere that he said was a surprise. He knows I hate surprises.

"Babe just wear something you feel good in. Trust me." I can hear his smile on the phone.

"Remember last time you said 'trust me' I ended up wearing a sweaters and leggings when you brought me on that vacation to Florida!" I say frustrated going through my closet

"You worry too much. It's not like it's our anniversary yet. Just hurry and come over I miss you" he says making a big yawning noise.

"Fine. I'll be over in an hour. See you then I love you" I say and hang up.

Our 1 year anniversary was in 2 weeks and he says he going to do something special. Again HATE surprises. I end up just wearing ripped leggings, converse, and a navy blue sweater with the necklace he gave me for my 17th birthday.

An hour later I walk downstairs ready to go. "Bye mom!" I yell upstairs walking out the door starting my moms car and driving away.

As I'm driving I plug in my AUX and play my Spotify playlist. Im that oldie that likes John Mayer and maroon 5.

Dreaming with a broken heart comes on. And I listen to the lyrics very carefully, as if they were wrote for a special reason.

"When you're dreaming with a broken heart
The waking up is the hardest part

You roll out of bed and down on your knees
And for a moment you can barely breathe
Wondering was she really here
Is she standing in my room?

No, she's not
Cause she's gone, gone, gone, gone , gone

When you're dreaming with a broken heart
The giving up is the hardest part"

I starts to think what it would feel like to have my heart broken. This is my first real relationship. I've never been through heartbreak. And I'm not ready yet.

I arrive at Dylan's house and turn off my car as I see another car here. It must be one of his friends I thought.

I unlock his door with the extra key he gave me. And I don't see him. "Dylan I'm here!" I yell through the empty house. Not a response back.

"Skylar?" I look up the stairs and at the top was a sleepy Dylan with his blue eyes tires and messy brown hair with only sweatpants.

"You have to get up sleepy head!" I laugh with shaking his hair around making it even messier.

"Dylan..what's that?" I point at his neck seeing a dark bruise looking mark on his chest and neck.

"Oh...well I fell earlier and..-" he says but I cut him off. "You fell on your neck and chest leaving a perfect circle?" I say "who's car is outside?" I say tapping my foot on the hardwood floors my blood boiling with hate of the feeling that he is lying to me.

"It's just a frie-" he says looking down but I cute him off again. "A friend? Oh really? You really think I'm that stupid Dylan!" I yell running up the stairs trying to find out what's going on.

I open his bedroom door and find a girl in a white silk robe with messy hair and smudged lipstick.

Right then I felt my heart drop from my chest. As I feel Dylan's hand on my shoulder I flinch "don't you dare touch me! Don't even think of coming near me!" I say exploding with anger and frustration.

"But you have to understan-" he says feeling sorry but I cut him off for the third time today. "No.. no I completely understand Dylan! Now I learned that you not only lied. But you thought you could mess with my feelings. But not anymore" I yell running down the stairs. "Skylar just hear me ou-" he gets cut off My the sound of me slamming the door running to my car before I can hear him say anything else.

This is officially the worst day of my life. I thought as I drove off crying. I loved him. I gave my all to him. I took care of him. I told him things that I haven't told anyone.

I guess Carly was right. She told me to be carful around him. And don't trust him. But I didn't listen. And now.. I'm alone.

*end of flashback*

I look in the mirror replaying that day in my head. I told myself after that day to not trust anyone. I didn't want it to happen again

I go to my room and change into my sweatpants and a old big t-shirt as I cry leaving tearing pouring down my cheeks soaking my face. I can't let that happen again. But what if I want to try again?

Shawns POV

"Mom I'm going to say bye to Skylar upstairs before we leave. Thanks for the dinner Mrs. Brown!" I say hugging her. She reminded me of Skylar. Long brown hair with gorgeous eyes.

"Oh please call me Michelle! And it was my pleasure having you're wonderful family over for dinner. I'm happy we met some new neighbors" she says as I walk upstairs going to say goodnight to Skylar.

I walk down the halls trying to find her bedroom door and I hear sobbing coming from the other side of one. I open it and see his all wrapped up with a blanket with mascara and tear running down her face. My heart drops as I see her opening her eyes to look at me.

"Here come here" I say sitting on the bed opening my arms as she crawls over and lays in my arms. "Shhhh. It's ok. I'm here. I'm here." I say rubbing her back trying to make her calm down.

I'm not leaving her.

THIS TOOK SO LONG! This is my longest chapter and I am proud of it. Thanks for 88 reads! And I'll update as soon as a can! Thanks for giving this probably horrible book a chance
Peace ✌🏻
1322 words