Chapter 5

Chapter 5

Klaus

I looked threw the bookcase, taking out book after book “can I help you find something” Elijah asked “yes, in fact, I believe you can” I said turning around to face him “I'm looking for a book about yay big filled with our mother's most powerful spells. It appears to have been misplaced” I said “how very mysterious” Elijah said with no emotion “indeed. At first, I feared the witches had succeeded in their efforts to obtain it, but considering their last attempt ended with me relieving a rather large, tattooed gentleman of his hands, I began to wonder if the thief wasn't a bit closer to home”.

I looked at Elijah as he signed a few papers “don't make this harder than it needs to be, brother” I said to him. Elijah looked up “well, admittedly, I did have a theory that your sudden interest in mother's grimoire was in some way related to whatever foolishness you've been conducting with the crescent wolves. Therefore, I took it upon myself to carefully place it where naughty, little fingers could not pry”.

I looked at Elijah a bit mad “and here I thought you, of all people, would understand, I am simply trying to help those wolves, play samaritan to the abused, champion to the underdog, so to speak”. “How splendidly noble of you” Elijah said not buying it at all as we hear footsteps and see Star walk into the room. She stopped when she saw Elijah and I “I see I’m interrupting something so I’m just going to” Star started but I stopped her. “Stay, maybe you would like to explain to my brother that maybe I have considered that, like you, I am trying to keep the person that use to carry my child and may one day take care of her safe, using our mother's magic to empower her people so they are capable of protecting her” I said looking at Star then at Elijah.

“Yes, unless, of course, they decide to seek retribution for decades held in exile, and Hayley will find herself in the middle of an uprising, one that will only provoke further violence” Elijah said to me a bit mad. “You see, you risk turning New Orleans into a war zone, brother, I won't let that happen. I suggest you use a little less of this” Elijah moved his hand to act like it was talking “and a little more of these” he pointed to his ears and walked away as I stood there frustrated.

“Looks like that didn't go well” Star said to me as I passed her “oh really” I said mad as I heard say something, I'm guessing to the unborn child in her stomach. “I hope you have my temper and not your fathers” I did a small smile at Star and walked outside.

Star

I sighed as I sat down on the couch and tried to figure out what I was going to do when this baby is born. I texted Hayley and asked her if she had any ideas, she didn't really answer me she just said that she would be over in a little bit. I looked around the empty house and walked into the kitchen, grabbing something to drink just as I heard a knock at the door. I walked over to the front door and opened it seeing that it was Hayley and one of the wolves.

“Hi” the wolf said with a smile “hi” I said a bit confused “Star this is Eva, she was helping me thru the pregnancy” Hayley said to me. “Okay” I said still a bit confused “come in” “thank you” Eva walked in the house as I led her to the living room and we sat down. “Now do you know where you will be having the baby” Eva asked me “I didn't really know I had a choice” I said. “You do, you could have it here or in the Bayou” Eva said to me “well I planed to have it here but I have a feeling that if Klaus see's you here then he won't be to happy with it” I said and she nodded in agreement.

“Well I think you should come by the Bayou to see what it's like” Eva said as I did a small smile and thought. “Okay, why not” I said and we drove over to the Bayou. When we polled I got out of the car and followed Eva and Hayley around “here, you'll be safe” Eva said to me with a smile as she walked next to me. Everyone was staring at me as we walked around “why is everyone staring at me” I half whispered to Eva. “Well everyone knows who you are” “really, as who” I asked “Klaus's hunter” Eva said “oh” I said and realized that this might not be the best idea anymore.

A guy quick stepped in front of us and stopped us “what is she doing here” the guy asked Eva still looking at me. “She's here so we can show her the Bayou” “why” the guy asked me. “Because she's having her child here” Eva said “no she is not” the wolf said stepping a bet closer. “We promised we would protect her, we gave Elijah our word” “we promised Elijah we would protect Hayley and her child” “well now her child is Star's, so we take care of her as well” Eva said. The man sighed and walked away “don't listen to him” Eva said as we walked inside of one of the small cabin.

“So this is where I would have the kid” I said looking around the room “its actually a lot better than it looks. “You sure I can't do this thing in, say, a hospital, the place with the doctors and the drugs” I asked Eva. “Honey, the werewolves have been having babies out here since before your parent’s we're born, stop worrying” Eva said. “Okay” I said and sat down in a chair. “You're to stressed, you need to relax” Eva said to me, “I'm trying its just I don't see the point in this, I'm gone after this baby is born anyways” I said.

Eva looked at me confused and I looked at Hayley “you didn't tell her did you, the second this baby is born I'm gone. This child won't even know that I was ever holding her” I said to Eva. “Then who will take care of the child” Eva asked me “Hayley will, Hayley will act like she's been holding the child all along” I said to Eva. “As fun as it is to image Klaus changing dirty diapers, I'm pretty sure that I'll be doing this alone” Hayley said to all of us. “I somehow doubt that, right Elijah” I said and everyone turned around, including I to see Elijah standing in the doorway.

Hayley and Eva looked at me a bit confused “believe me, when you've lived with the Michelson as long as I have you know when they're there” I said with a smile. “Pardon the interruption, I wonder if I might have a quick word with the conspirators of a supposed uprising” Elijah said to us as we all looked at each other. Hayley and Eva took Elijah and I into a barn were Jackson and another wolf was at. “You're making a grave mistake” Elijah said taking off his jacket. “So you're just worried about us, is that it” the wolf asked Elijah mad to see Elijah.

“Look Elijah, we know all about your brother's reputation, but if there is even a chance that these rings can help us take control of our curse” Jackson started “our gift” the wolf said as Jackson rolled his eyes. “Then, honestly, we don't care what he's really after” Jackson said. “I see, there are those in the quarter who will consider this a great provocation” Elijah said “apparently, most of them see us breathing the same way” the other wolf said. Elijah turned to Hayley “you signed a pledge, and you looked me in the eye as you did so” “we don't want a fight, Elijah, we just want a better life” Hayley said a bit mad.

“Allegiance with my brother will guarantee you anything but that” Elijah said walking up to Hayley. All of a sudden we heard a bike come from outside “what the hell” Jackson said as we all walked outside and a guy rode up on his bike. I looked at the face and couldn't believe who I saw “Trevor” I said surprised and confused.