Chapter 7

Chapter 7

Klaus

I walked into the church were Kieran laid in the casket and I walked up to Camy giving her a small kiss on the cheek as she cried. I walked up to the closed casket and opened it, but instead of revealing the pastor it revealed a small baby girl. I looked up at me with wonder in her eyes. I smiled “hi” I said almost a whisper as all of a sudden someone grabbed my hand and I looked to the right to see a 5 year old girl holding my hand with both of hers. She seemed scared “Star what are you doing here” I asked confused “I'm scared” she said and looked behind me.

I turned around and was stabbed in the chest with the white oak stake by my father. He grabbed Star and held her in his grip “greetings, boy” he said with a smile as he broke her neck and I quickly sat up. Catching my breath as I looked around to see it was only a nightmare. I got dressed and went to the bar where everyone was throwing a party. Camy sat down in front of me as I just stared off in outer space and didn't see her “hey, earth to you” Camy said.

I quickly looked up and saw Camy “your face” I started “will heal” Camy said as I noticed a some scratches on her face. “Hows Star” “fine” I said to her “listen, I wanted to thank you” Camy started. “Unless you come equipped with the means to fill this, no additional platitudes are necessary” I said and looked at Camy. “Okay, I'm in a crap mood because my Uncle just died and people are partying like it's Mardi Gras. What's your excuse” I didn't answer her.

“Klaus, seriously, what's going” Camy started “I've been having these dreams about my dead father. No diagnosis necessary, love I've already got this one covered. My fears of fatherhood, of scarring my child as my father scarred me are manifesting as nightmares. So horrifically cliche” I said. “Truthfully, I'm just surprised to hear you acknowledge out loud that you're going to be a dad” Camy said with a small smile. “The girl who is suppose to be taking care of your child when she is born is living in the bayou for months. It's not exactly what to expect when you're expecting” Camy said.

“I know more about the trials of fatherhood than you might imagine, Camille” I said as Star walked into the room “and it worked out so well for you the first time. Why change a thing” Camy said and stood up, walking away. I sighed at her as Elijah sits down next to me power himself a drink “seems rather uncivilized To laugh and dance around the body of a loved one” I said. “Yes, far better to practice your process of grief, isn't it, Klaus? Denial, rage, and hoarding coffins in basements” Elijah said with a small smile.

Star sat down with a sigh “I'll warn you Star, Niklaus is in a spectacularly foul mood today” “what's new” Star said. Elijah did a small smile as did I “what are you guys doing, trying to start a revolution every 5 seconds” Star asked with a smile. “It's a day of peace Star, try and enjoy it” I said looking at Star a bit annoyed. “And in the meantime with all manner of unknown enemies conspiring against our family, you'll be staying with us” I finished.

“You wish, I'm gone once this baby is born” Star said “then where will you go” I asked mad. “I'll find a place” Star said back to me mad as Hayley sat down “well I see I've missed an argument “you'll be moving back in with us” I quickly said to Hayley “what makes you think I will” Hayley asked. “Because if you are to take care of my child then you should be here” I quick said. “Awesome, then we can do that thing where you lock me in the tower, I escape, there's drama, and then you two both realize that I'm very capable of looking after myself” Hayley said.

“I will live up to my word, we will find and punish whoever launched the attack on the bayou and you will return to the compound for your own safety. But right now, I'm gonna finish this bottle And the next in the hopes of drowning the demon that has chosen today to haunt me” I said lifting the bottle up and drinking it. “Cheers Mikael, impeccable timing” I finished and drank some more. It was silent for a moment as Elijah moved up a bit and looked at me.

“Elaborate, have you dreamt of our father” Elijah asked me “go ahead, have a good laugh” I said looking at Elijah. “I can assure you there isn't a piece of this that I find even remotely amusing Niklaus, especially considering I've been dreaming of him, too” Elijah said to me and I looked up at him confused. “What” I asked confused “if you both are also seeing him” Star started as Elijah looked up and looked at someone.

I turned to see Genevieve “perhaps our elusive, unknown enemy is orchestrating a further attack on us” Elijah said. “Wouldn't be a first time” Star said almost a whisper.