Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Klaus

Elijah and I walked around the graveyard but found nothing “the tombs are empty, the grounds are deserted, she's not here. This is the only place they can be” Elijah said mad “we'll keep searching” I said walking but Elijah stopped making me stop “they are not here, Niklaus we're wasting time”. “Their harvest was here, the reaping was here, they are about to perform a ritual which will feed their ancestors for centuries, ancestors who are buried here” I said.

I turned around and saw a statue I recognized “this statue, we've passed by this 3 times all whilst going in the same direction” I said. “They have fabricated some kind of illusion” Elijah said as I jumped up onto of a building “that's one word for it” I said seeing that everything was a maze and it looked like the grave yard went on for miles.

Elijah paced back and forth while I scratched the stone that stood in front of me “it's ingenious. I can see them, I can feel them, and yet they are not real” “there has to be a way, Even if we could just push through” Elijah said. “What we need to do is focus” “my only focus right now is that child and her safety, do you understand me? This, all of this, this is the world that you created, Niklaus” Elijah started, mad.

“Brother” “all of your scheming, the enemies that you have made every single day of your miserable life. What results did you expect? That your child would be born into a happy life, that the mother would be alive to know her daughter, that we could live and thrive as some sort of family”. “That was your fantasy, brother, not mine” I said standing my ground.

“No, brother, this was our hope, this was our family's hope, and now she is gone. Do you understand, I Let this person in. I let her in, I don't let people in, you knew this, and you've taken her from me. I needed her, and you've broken me” Elijah said upset. “You can tell your niece how much you cared for her mother when we save her” I said laying a hand on his shoulder.

We ran around some more until we found where the baby once was “we've passed through here twice already. We're running out of time” Elijah said mad kicking over a bottle. “Then we move faster” I said “or smarter” I turned around to see Star standing there with her hair up, changed clothes, and a gun in her hand. “What are you doing here I told you to stay at the church” I said annoyed now.

“So you don't want my help, then I'll just take my gift with me” Star said as Hayley walked up next to her. “Hayley” Elijah said surprised “Hayley, how are you here” he asked confused. “I woke up in the church, I felt this hunger, I knew what I needed” Hayley said. “When I woke up and you two left me there I remember how the child's blood healed Hayley and I when she was inside of us, so I gave Hayley my blood with the baby's blood still in me and she woke up” Star said.

Hayley looked around looking almost scared “I can feel her, she's here, I can feel the baby” Star said. “She's in transition” Klaus said “which means she has to drink the blood of the child if she's to survive” Elijah said surprised. “To be reborn a hybrid” Star said “I'm sorry, but I knew Hayley had to come back to life one way or another and we didn't exactly have time for any other options” Star said.

“I don't care about me, we are going to go and find your daughter” Hayley said to Star making her surprised a bit “she's not mine, she's yours” Star said to Hayley. Hayley nodded as Star cocked her gun “lets go hunt some witches” “she really is like you” Elijah said to me while I smiled and we headed outside.

Just 1- 3 more chapters left before i finished the book. I have a great idea for the ending!