Chapter 10

Chapter 10

Klaus

Genevieve looked at my mothers old spell book as she seemed to be amazed by it. “Your mother bound protection magic to black kyanite stones. A werewolf with the stones is free from turning on a full moon” Genevieve said “and” I asked expecting to be more with it “and the spell will enhance speed, strength, and agility” Genevieve said “there should be something in there about fangs” she looked at me confused. “It's what my mother used on us when she turned us into vampires”.

“Not just fangs, you said you want venom so the bite is still lethal to vampires” Genevieve said. She handed me a small stone “here, should make a nice gift, I'm sure Hayley will be thrilled”. “Oh, not just Hayley, you'll be making quite a few of these, let's call it an even hundred” I said with a smile. “That's not the deal I made with Elijah” Genevieve said “Well, you're dealing with me now, and I am offering considerably more”. “You think because I sleep with you, I'm suddenly at your beck and call” Genevieve asked me a bit mad.

“Because you sleep with me, luv, I will protect you from those who might do you harm, including my brother. Because I need you, however, I'm prepared to offer something more valuable than my protection” I said with a smile. “Which is what” “my mother's grimoire, from which I took these spells. You see, Elijah is offering you a mere peek at its pages, but I will grant it to you as a gift if you pledge your loyalty to me, beginning with the creation of those rings” I said.

“This has been your plan all along, you want to build a werewolf army, and you're using me to do it” Genevieve said “sweetheart, I'm not the enemy” “nor are the wolves” Genevieve quickly said. “Your abusive coven expects you to sacrifice yourself for the last of the harvest girls. Do this one favor for me, and you need never fear anyone ever again” I said with a smile.

Star

Hayley, Genevieve and I walked into the living room, it had been hours since Elijah and Klaus had left. “Elijah or Klaus should've called by now” I said walking back and forth “worrying isn't going to help, you should sit down, try to keep calm” “what are you now, magician-slash-zen life coach” Hayley asked sitting in a chair. “The treatment of pregnant women has advanced remarkably since I was a nurse, but even I know high blood pressure is bad for you and your baby, especially now that you're so close to term” Genevieve said. I sighed and sat down on the couch “I hate this, I feel completely useless” I said.

“I mean I'm the type of girl who's out there risking my life, helping Klaus and Elijah kill people and get answer's. Now I'm stuck here” I said a bit mad “Don't you get it, you're the point of all this, Klaus and Elijah running all over town, it's all for you. I'm a bit envious” Genevieve said with a sigh. “Great, lucky me, want to take it” I said still mad. “Is there anything I can get you” she asked me “how about a moonlight ring” Hayley said with a smile as Genevieve looked over towards her.

“The spell can't be performed until the full moon reaches its apex, and, of course, I need the stones, which will be here soon enough. Have a little faith” Hayley got up and left the room “you should know by now that she's a tough one to get through, especially if she doesn't get what she wants right away” I said standing up and leaving. “I'm gathering that” Genevieve said with a sigh.

I walked into the kitchen to see Hayley getting something to drink while I leaned on the counter. “So, do you miss it” “being pregnant” Hayley asked me and I gave her a serious look “a little” Hayley said powering herself something to drink. “Well don't worry you can have her once she's out” I said. Hayley looked at me confused “what do you mean” “I mean, you were meant to be her mother all along” I said.

“But the witches” Hayley started “will do anything for power, listen, you can take better care of this child more than I ever can. Call me an ant if you want, but I can't be the mother, besides, I guess Klaus is starting to rub off on me. I really don't like kids” I said as Hayley was silent then pulled out her phone. “Anything” I asked “no, I'm calling them” Hayley said dialing and walking back into the living room where it was empty.

“Impeccable timing” I heard Klaus say into the phone “what's going on” Hayley asked “Jackson is fine, he's a little tied up right now. Could we call you back” Elijah asked “oh, that doesn't bode well” I heard Klaus say then Hayley froze and I looked at her. “What is it” I asked “there was an explosion, then nothing” Hayley said pushing end on her phone.

“I'm going after them” Hayley said grabbing her jacket and turned to leave just as Jackson and Elijah walked in. “Thank God you're alive” Hayley said hugging him “where's Klaus” I asked looking around. “Right here love” Klaus said walking in “can't kill me that easy” he said with a smile as I rolled my eyes at him. “What about the stones” Hayley asked as she sat down with Jackson and I sat in a chair. “Scattered across the bed of the Mississippi, I imagine” Elijah said.

“Marcel is no fool, he knows an empowered werewolf army would mean the end of vampires in New Orleans. The explosion is his way of saying he means to prevent that, for all the good it'll do him” Klaus said with a smile. “Well, it did him pretty damn well, didn't it” Hayley said mad. “This is my fault, I will find a way to fix it” Jackson said mad and about to stand but Hayley stopped him.

“No, Jack you're hurt, and no one is blaming you” “I'm blaming you” Klaus said with a smile as I looked at him and gave him a 'seriously' look. “Those stones will be hard to replace. Fortunately, I always have a backup plan” Klaus said with a smile. Hayley, Elijah, Klaus, and I walked to the court yard. A lady with long black hair walked in with some people behind her. “You can't seriously mean her, she's a gangster” Hayley said.

“I see her more as a means to procuring rare items at short notice” Klaus said as he headed down the stairs with Hayley and I to follow “Greetings, Ms. Correa, I see you've brought company” Klaus said “these are my brothers. I always include them in delicate business matters, fellas, meet Mr. Mikaelson” Correa said. “Please, call me Klaus, all my friends do” Klaus said with a smile as Hayley and I rolled our eyes at him.

“I don't know if I'd call us friends, but if you and Marcel are planning on having a little throwdown, I'd prefer my family to be on the same side as the inevitable Victor” Correa said. Someone opened a box and she grabbed something out of it. “Then you have what I asked for” Klaus asked. “Not enough for an army at such short notice, but it's start” she said handing a small bag of stones to Klaus.

“Strange, I wasn't aware that she was familiar with our plan” Elijah said joining the conversation and looked at Klaus. “My price for doing business is full disclosure, your brother complied” Correa said with a smile as Klaus looked at the rocks with a smile as well then at Correa. “How does the human faction expect to benefit from all this” Elijah asked. “Ya cause some of us humans want to live” I said pointing that out. “I only want to solidify our allegiance to the ruling class, it's good for business” Correa said with a smile.

“Don't worry love, no one will hurt you” Klaus said looking at Correa as he spoke to me. “If only everyone shared your capacity for reason” Klaus said to her. “Sadly, they don't, Marcel is being especially vindictive. I'm worried he might come after me or my family just for meeting with you” Correa said mad and a bit scared. “It might be in our best interests if we combine our efforts” “so be it, the more bodies we have to defend the compound, the better” Klaus said.

There was a long pause “let's get started, shall we” Klaus said with a smile and his arms behind his back. Everyone went their separate ways as Klaus went to talk to Genevieve about everything while I went to my room.