Chapter 1.

Ariel

"I can't do this anymore, Ariel."

My head whipped in her direction, and she jumped back a bit.

"What, Jaie?" I had said, just barely enough to sound like a whisper. Was she trying to break up with me?

"This... Us.. I just- I don't see myself with you anymore. I don't feel like a relationship is what's best for me right now." She softly told me as she fiddled with her fingers.

By now my heart was racing and I felt a bit light-headed. My fiancé of two years is just now out of nowhere deciding that she can't do this anymore? I mean I get that times are hard but we always got through them- this has got to be a joke.

"You're playing right?" I asked.

Tears were forming in my eyes but I quickly looked away, blinking constantly. A few seconds had passed and nobody said a word. She must've been searching for something to say, while my mind was slowly becoming blank.

When Jaie had finally started talking again, after what had felt like forever, her voice had begun to crack.

"I-I'm sorry Ari-" I quickly cut her off by holding up my hand, indicating for her to hush, while I shook my head. She immediately got quiet and stared at me with sorrow filled eyes. I could see that she wasn't doing this to ruin our "life plans" or to "be mean." I could see she had love for me but she must've fallen out of love these last few months.. I'll admit I haven't been giving her lots of attention and when we do speak, I have a attitude but- I'm just going through hard times right now. I don't have much of a right to be mad at her.. I should respect her decision and let her go and be happy. But.. I love this girl.

She stayed silent and waited for me to speak, but I didn't even know what I wanted to say yet. I searched her face for answers for a moment, then took a step away from her while fixing my dress. I wanted to run away and go cry somewhere.. shut myself out from the world.

"No, don't be sorry. You're done right? Okay. That's fine." I quickly said, chewing on my lip as I had begun to walk away; stopping briefly when she called out my name in her low-toned voice. I stared at the wall for a few seconds before turning around. I was hoping she'd tell me to come here, that she was sorry, and that we're gonna work through this.

My eyes were big and watery, and I looked like a lost kid. What in the hell is happening? We were just fine.

She was crying, and her lips were slowly beginning to tremble while I was trying my best to hold everything in.

"Did I really just give up the love of my life..?" She whispered, and at that moment I felt like if I didn't turn away at that very second, I was going to fall weak and burst into tears like never before. So, all I did was turn and walk up the stairs. I took slow steps as my legs were shaking uncontrollably and my hands fidgeted against the rails that I was using to hold myself up and guide myself up the stairs. I felt like I could feel my heart drop into the pit of my stomach while my eyes began burning and my vision was very cloudy.

"Fuck.." I heard her say to herself, then I heard glass break but I continued into the room. If I didn't lay down now I'd probably fall and pass out on the floor.

Once I finally entered the room, I snatched off my ring and threw it somewhere across the room before throwing myself onto the bed. I clutched onto the teddy bear that she had bought me last month, continuing to chew on my lip to keep from crying.

My mind didn't really register fully what's going on.. but I feel numb. I kind of feel like this is a crazy dream. Usually we play around and say we're leaving, but this time I could tell she's serious.

A few minutes had passed and she had slowly crept in- probably thinking that I was asleep because she was being quiet as ever.

I heard a bag unzip and I slowly sat up.. What I was watching unfold in front of me was something I never did imagine I'd see. Jaielyn had begun to pack up duffle bags of her belongings while I just sat there speechless. I wanted her to say something, and I knew she wanted me to say something too. I wished I could just jump up and grab her and beg her to stay with me, but if she wanted to go.. who was I to force her to stay with me?

She seemed to be so confident in herself while she packed her things. Maybe these last few months while I've been busy she was having an affair? Is there someone else? Why is it so easy for her to just.. leave?

Usually over 1,000 things would've been running through my mind at this moment. But as I sat here playing with my dress, my mind was blank. She was really serious about leaving me? Or did she expect me to chase her?

No, she had never went this far before; she's ready to go.

It was killing me to sit and quietly watch her pack her things, so I got up and quietly walked out of the room. I haven't began crying yet, maybe because I'm still in a great amount of disbelief.

Small cries filled my ears and I walked into the room that was next to ours, my eyes landing on our three month old baby girl Amari as she lied on her chubby little tummy, kicking her legs.

Amari is Jaie's twin, literally. She has every single feature Jaie has. Yes, Jaie had her; I wasn't ready to carry a baby yet. The closer I walked to her, her cries stopped and I reached down and picked her up, holding her in my arms as I slowly walked out the room and down the stairs. She snuggled up close to me as I sat on the couch closing my eyes.

While I sat there rocking Armani side to side, Jaie had came down the stairs with all of her duffle bags, and the diaper bag on her shoulder causing my eyes to widen.

"No.." I whispered, and she sighed, staying quiet and dropping the diaper bag onto the floor. She sat on the bottom step, placing both of her hands on her face as if she was thinking of what to do. I didn't want her to take Armani, I loved her just like Jaie did.

I took constant deep breaths trying to keep myself sane. I had a tendency to overreact and be very dramatic, and I wasn't trying to do that this time. I just want this to be peaceful.. Maybe if I act right she'll come back?

"I need to smoke." She huffed as she got up, walking back up the stairs. I began chewing on my lip again, holding Armani close to me as she slowly yawned, closing her eyes.

-

I opened my eyes and looked around the living room slowly. I guess I had fallen asleep on the couch, and it's dark in here so I must've been sleeping for a while. I slowly got up and walked up the stairs carefully holding Armani, then lied her in her crib once I had reached her room. I leant down and kissed her cheek, then slowly walked out and closed the door. I raised my arms and stretched as I yawned, proceeding to walk to my room but slowly. Am I ready to see life without Jaie?

The short events that had happened a few hours prior were running through my head at this moment. When I finally walked into our room, I had seen that the dresser drawers were all pulled out and she had gone through clothes and left most of the things I had bought for her. My heart felt heavy as I slowly walked to the closet, tears welled up in my eyes once I turned on the light realizing that her side was half empty.

"Fuck!" I yelled out, crying dramatically as I grabbed at hangers and anything that was in my reach, tossing everything around the closet as I lashed out. Tears wouldn't stop leaving my eyes as I cussed constantly, my heart feeling like it was shattered in a million pieces with over a hundred thoughts running through my mind at lightning speed.

I threw myself onto the floor and pulled my legs up to my chest as I cried out, sobs escaping my lips for hours as I lied in the same position, gasping for air every few minutes.

"I can't do it." I whispered to myself, shaking my head slowly as I stared at the mess I made in front of me.