Chapter 14.

Ariel

"Ugh, Ari. You need to talk to this girl." Jaie groaned while handing me her phone. I looked at the screen and seen it was her messages between herself and a girl named Aniyah.

Aniyah had typed a long paragraph about how she's been feeling, all about her bad breakup and how she's feeling mentally, physically, and emotionally. Really, everything that she was saying had described myself actually. It looked like a message that I could've typed to myself. Just the way she claimed to feel, the way she was dealing with the breakup, and the way she was saying that her ex was acting was like my whole situation with Jaie. I was in shock a bit as I read it, imagining myself. My eyes moved down to Jaie's simple ass reply.

Jaie: Aye I got someone that can help you. You mind if I show her? She's nice I promise.

Aniyah: uh.. I guess.

Jaie: Shes my ex. She's going through the same thing, and I promise she gives the best advice ever. I love the girl.

Aniyah: I'm trusting you, Slim.

And that was it. I looked up at Jaie once I finished reading and she nodded her head towards my phone. I picked it up and unlocked it, then went to my message and pressed compose new message. I typed in the number that I found under her contact in Jaie's phone, then handed Jaie her phone.

Jaie put her phone down and then got up and walked into the bathroom. I sat there for a moment, debating on what to text this girl. I remember one day Jaie was telling me about how annoying this girl was and how she keeps pushing herself onto her and always posting pictures of them. Aniyah acted like she and Jaie were together. So, what business did I have helping her..? Why would I want to help her anyways? I sighed and finally began typing.

Me: Hey Aniyah, Jaie gave me your number. You may know her as Slim though. She also told me what you're going through, and I just wanna let you know that it's okay and you aren't alone. You have someone now who is going through the same thing as you. Believe me, I know how you feel. In your message with Slim, you had said that you felt alone but you aren't, believe me. I know this hurts, and it's honestly going to hurt for a while. But as long as you keep your head up and you keep trying, you'll feel better overtime. I just wanna let you know I'm here for you now, and I'm always full of advice.

I sent it and put my phone down just as Jaie was coming out of the bathroom. She half smiled and layed down at the bottom of the bed, pulling out her phone texting "Chrissyyyy" which was most likely Chris. A bit of disappointment lingered around in my heart, but I shook it off and picked up my phone when I felt it vibrate. I watched Jaie as she blushed and kicked her feet around, then looked down at my phone.

Aniyah: thank you so much.. I'm a mess right now. Would you mind meeting up somewhere? I'm shaking so much I can't even text really.

I sighed and put my hand over my face. I don't feel like being Dr. Phil, and I'm a bit upset still. Who was here to help me when I was going through this? Cam gave me pep talks, Monica left me, Tray made me feel even more guilty, Jaie left me, Kyla left and came back a few days ago when she let me cry to her, and who else? I don't even know but I know that they damn sure aren't here anymore because I would've been able to name em if they were still around.

I rolled my eyes and looked back at my phone, beginning to type.

Me: Sure, McDonalds?

She immediately replied.

Aniyah: Sure, see you in like 30.

I locked the screen and slid my phone in my pocket while clearing my throat. McDonald's is down the street, so I don't have to leave right now. Jaie sighed and I looked up.