Chapter 16.

Okay so a quick note before I begin.
I was gonna tell y'all at the end but I'm gonna just tell you now. This book is based off of a true story. It's actually something I went through and am unfortunately still going through. So maybe y'all will understand more, I'm not sure. I am Ariel. 🤦🏽‍♀️
Also, I'm trying to update a lot on the weekends since my updates come in so slow during the week.

But yeah, enjoy!

Ariel

The next day had come around and I'm over at Jaie's house getting Armani ready to go.

Really, I don't wanna talk about her, Chris, her problems, or mine. I just want to get Armani and leave. And Jaie is actually making it easy for me. She's not talking about her or Chris. She's just being normal and asking how my day has been and all of that.

"My day has been fine." I fake smiled and placed Armani on her changing table. "You?" I asked while taking off her onesie.

"Hmm it's been good. I missed ya." She said, standing next to me while standing on her toes, kissing my cheek.

Does she not remember what the fuck I found out yesterday?

I took my attention off of Armani and looked at Jaie. She was looking at me like she didn't know what the hell I was getting iffy about. I sighed and ignored it, then went back to changing Armani.

Yes, I still want to be around Jaie. Because I love her. But, it's hard man. Knowing she chooses everyone over me every damn time and doesn't even second think it. Like damn did she even think about me before going and making it official with Chris?

Last night I didn't even drink, or think. Cam brought me home and I went straight to sleep. Then woke up to a few texts from Jaie asking if I could come over today. She's literally acting like everything is normal.

Jaie smiled at me and helped me change Armani- like I needed her damn help. Eye roll.

I picked up Armani and sat on the bed smiling while bouncing on her leg.

"You wanna do anything today baby?" Jaie asked while sitting in a chair kicking her feet.

"Why you acting like ain't shit happened yesterday?" I asked and she finally dropped the act and sighed while groaning.

"My god Ari. Why are you so worried about Chris and I? Leave it alone. Chris and I aren't official, Okay? We're not. We claim each other but we're not together. So you have nothing to worry about right now."

Well shit, I spent two months listening to your fucking problems and now out of nowhere I need to drop it and not worry that you just got into a fucking relationship with a bitch who makes you happier than I do apparently?

So all this shit was a joke? Or whatever the fuck these people had going on? Man I don't have the patience.

I just shook my head and went back to playing with Armani. I guess just acting like nothing happened would probably make me feel better. Going every day in denial sounds great but what the fuck am I gonna do when everything gets thrown in my face? Keep denying it and drive myself insane?

I guess until I can brace myself and gather up the courage to leave her, I can just try and ignore it and just continue on in life. Yeah, that's what I'm gonna do. Act like everything is fine and play this bitch ass game that Jaie is trying to play.